Around the NHL (Part XLIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kershaw

Sure, but they're not a great team. They're a good team.

I think they're a top 4 team in the East easily with chance of finishing 1st in conference. Ridiculous scoring and defensive depth.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Great teams have bad games.

Kershaw you're usually a fan of advanced stats, why are you overlooking them in favour of the Devils?

They are not outshooting their opponents, their Fenwick when close is average (50.88, 13th. NYR: 54.04, 4th).

It's not as dramatic as for the Hawks and especially the Ducks, but they are riding percentages that will come down in the end.

Still a PO team, mind you, but certainly not an elite team.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Kershaw you're usually a fan of advanced stats, why are you overlooking them in favour of the Devils?

They are not outshooting their opponents, their Fenwick when close is average (50.88, 13th. NYR: 54.04, 4th).

It's not as dramatic as for the Hawks and especially the Ducks, but they are riding percentages that will come down in the end.

Yeah exactly. They're good but not great.

Kershaw

It's not as dramatic as for the Hawks and the Ducks, but they are riding percentages that will come down in the end.

I hadn't checked up on them in awhile. The Rangers greatly outchanced the Isles and Caps, two terrible teams which might've inflated their totals. Even then, their fenwick is still middle of the pack.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I hadn't checked up on them in awhile. The Rangers greatly outchanced the Isles and Caps, two terrible teams which might've inflated their totals. Even then, their fenwick is still middle of the pack.

Well yes, but the Rangers has also played Boston and Pittsburgh twice. It works both ways.

When the two teams matched up the Rangers were better, had more chances, but lost the game. Re-play that game 10 times and the Rangers go 6-3-1. The Devils got lucky, but luck averages out.

OK so the Devils are almost as good as the Rangers when tied, but they are a lot worse when they are trailing. I think the Close stat is a better reflection of a teams' performance, but to each and his own.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Great teams have bad games.

Good thing they beat the Islanders 5-1 last game. Oh wait...

The Devils are coming back down to earth. They can go on a win streak they have a pretty soft schedule, but still they got 1 point between the Isles and Sens and got embarrassed by the Isles 5-1.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
holy Avs barely hold on......in my fantasy head to head I used Nabokov over Varlamov because the Isles have 5 games this week......Nabby gave up 7 goals.....terrible.........then Varlamov gives up 5, lol.........I had Bryzgalov who got a shutout though............yes I have 3 Russian goalies ,dont ask me how that happened:laugh:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
So 2 of the 3 lowest scoring teams (3rd being Kings) in the league combine to score 11 goals in a game between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad