Around the NHL: Part III – Oilers Fire Chiarelli [Update: Still Suck]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I’m confused aren’t you the one that loves Winnipeg saying that they would smash Tampa . My bad if I’m getting u confused with someone else

I do, but they aren't going well right now.

They've lost to Ottawa twice and lost to Colorado (who can't beat anyone right now) within the last week. Their road trip before playing us didn't go so hot either.

Perspective is important.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Chicago probably still winds up ahead of us but you get the feel they need to score 5 or 6 to win.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

They've lost to Ottawa twice and lost to Colorado (who can't beat anyone right now) within the last week. Their road trip before playing us didn't go so hot either.

Ottawa played well tonight and they are not as bad as everyone thinks.
Not here to debate and scrutinize every Ranger game under the microscope in the last 12 but they are 7-4-1. that’s not gonna cut it for being bad enough to tank.

Reactions: Winston2018

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Ottawa played well tonight and they are not as bad as everyone thinks.
Not here to debate and scrutinize every Ranger game under the microscope in the last 12 but they are 7-4-1. that’s not gonna cut it for being bad enough to tank.

Yes they are.

They're like bottom of the barrel in every metric out there except goal scoring (where they're pretty good.)

They have good young talent, undoubtedly better young talent than the Rangers do, but collectively they suck.

The Rangers have legitimately played decent hockey over the last 12, the record is probably fair if not a little bit slanted against how well they've played during that time span but they've faced a shit load of gassed teams which has helped their cause.

It won't continue though unless JG gets stupid.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Yes they are.

They're like bottom of the barrel in every metric out there except goal scoring (where they're pretty good.)

They have good young talent, undoubtedly better young talent than the Rangers do, but collectively they suck.

The Rangers have legitimately played decent hockey over the last 12, the record is probably fair if not a little bit slanted against how well they've played during that time span but they've faced a **** load of gassed teams which has helped their cause.

It won't continue though unless JG gets stupid.

Ottawa is better than nj and Edmonton even with all the crap/distractions the players have to deal with. ownership needs to wake up.
Well when the Rangers were expected to be in the bottom of the barrel maybe schedule should have been taken into consideration lol. I mean come on with Hayes and Zucc the Rangers don’t suck enough to be in the bottom 5 even with all the excuses after every game they win. Let’s hope that when both guys are traded there is enough runway for them to be passed up by enough teams for us to pick at least 7th.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I love listening to tsn 690 highly entertaining. Two weeks ago they were fielding calls for the Habs to go for it and trade for the likes of a panarin now some callers are saying let’s sell guys like petry and see what we can get . Even with the Rangers not in the playoff mix it will be an entertaining final two months of hockey

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

I’m of the opinion that Winnipeg is poorly coached. They need a coaching change to get to the next level but politically it’s very hard to make a change now. It’s a shame. They’re incredibly talented.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
its funny. The Rangers saw Boyle as an elite fourth liner but he wanted a bigger role and left. But in fact he has settled into exactly the role the Rangers foresaw for him and is quite well-regraded. But has been traded a million times.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Games for the tank today:
  • Rangers Vs Pittsburgh (Pens!)
  • Minnesota Vs St. Louis (Wild!)
  • Buffalo Vs New Jersey (3pt game!)
  • Detroit Vs Philly (3pts game!)
  • Montreal Vs Florida (Panthers!)
  • Anaheim Vs Washingon (Ducks!)
If all goes well Rangers would drop to 22nd in the league while being just 5pts out of 2nd to last in the league.

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Huge day on the tank board after yesterday didn't go that great we need some of these teams to start winning somewhat consistently

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
So, Carolina has produced t-shirts mocking what Don Cherry said about them.

52828077_223614455143199_5205265440925810688_n.png

Some people will hate me for saying this I love organizations that have fun with it. Vegas, Dallas, Carolina. Sometimes I wish the Rangers were a bit less serious. Never do anything fun. They're so boring. Like that kid in class who always follows the rules and reminds the teacher we have a test today

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey

Some people will hate me for saying this I love organizations that have fun with it. Vegas, Dallas, Carolina. Sometimes I wish the Rangers were a bit less serious. Never do anything fun. They're so boring. Like that kid in class who always follows the rules and reminds the teacher we have a test today

rofl

I think my favorite part of it is how outraged some get. They go out of their way to be publicly mad about something so innocuous. You don't have to like it or anything but then just turn the TV off. Literally change the channel lol.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Looks like Philly is going to win against Detriot. Would have been nice if it was a 3 point game.

Panthers tied with the Habs in the 2nd.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008

My issue is this: the team sucks. They’re a bubble team. They haven’t done shit in a decade and have 10 fans. If Tampa did this I’d be more ok with it because they’re curb stomping the league. It looks dumb when you do shit like this and you suck.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
My issue is this: the team sucks. They’re a bubble team. They haven’t done **** in a decade and have 10 fans. If Tampa did this I’d be more ok with it because they’re curb stomping the league. It looks dumb when you do **** like this and you suck.

I mean they dont suck. They'd be the 5th best team in the west and they are 1 pt out of a playoff spot in the east.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad