Around the NHL: Part III – Oilers Fire Chiarelli [Update: Still Suck]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If the isles hold that #1 metro spot the #1 WC is going to be a golden ticket like it was for the rangers when they faced Montreal or when the isles drew Florida

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If the isles hold that #1 metro spot the #1 WC is going to be a golden ticket like it was for the rangers when they faced Montreal or when the isles drew Florida
Definitely the number one wild card would probably be better than facing the caps in round 1 (if the caps get the 2 or 3 seed) . The golden ticket for us was getting to round 2 and facing the Sens who we should have beat but in no way were we predicted to beat the Habs. At least 75 percent of this board was predicting the Habs to destroy us. I remember that vividly.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Definitely the number one wild card would probably be better than facing the caps in round 1 (if the caps get the 2 or 3 seed) . The golden ticket for us was getting to round 2 and facing the Sens who we should have beat but in no way were we predicted to beat the Habs. At least 75 percent of this board was predicting the Habs to destroy us. I remember that vividly.

This board is f***ing nuts you should know that.

But yeah they got 2 golden tickets that year, AV happened.

Reactions: TheTakedown

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Oh yeah and I'm still pissed at Florida for giving the Islanders their only playoff round victory in what 27 years? yikes

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
This board is ****ing nuts you should know that.

But yeah they got 2 golden tickets that year, AV happened.
Hank also gave up one of the toughest goals to swallow when we were up early in game 5. Got them right back in it.
And nice to know that AV beat the coach many Rangers fans wanted here ;)

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Hank also gave up one of the toughest goals to swallow when we were up early in game 5. Got them right back in it

Maybe but to me the image burned in my
Mind was staal swandiving into hank for no
Reason during brassard’s triple deflection ping pong goal.

Annoying ass series that was. We probably would have gotten smoked in the next round anyway but it would have been nice to find out.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Maybe but to me the image burned in my
Mind was staal swandiving into hank for no
Reason during brassard’s triple deflection ping pong goal.

Annoying ass series that was. We probably would have gotten smoked in the next round anyway but it would have been nice to find out.

That game 5 ...ugh disgusting. Vesey scoring a nice goal . Heck even Nick Holden scored a nice goal. you knew we were toast in overtime
Yeah we probably lose next round against pitt.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I wouldn't be surprised if our biggest rivals inadvertently help us out by taking one of the big players off the market.

Islanders are #1 in the Metro and its because of their insane goaltending. They are in the bottom 1/3rd in goals scored but #1 in goals allowed. That kind of hot goaltending can take you to the SCF. You wonder if Lou makes a big splash on a Stone/Duchene/Panarin. They have the assets.

I think they will be a front-runner for Duchene and I think they want to extend him as well. They will have a lot of money to pay out this off-season considering they were budgeting for Taveres

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I'm cheering for an earthquake.

LOL I know but the Islanders are getting in. If they get the right breaks, they might go to the ECF. Right breaks are Montreal/Carolina as WC opponent and CBJ in the second round although I have zero faith in CBJ winning a round.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Tampa is my 2nd home, so I've always been a Lightning fan..

It's truly is enjoyable watching them play... and another 1st rounder would be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->