Around the NHL: Part III – Oilers Fire Chiarelli [Update: Still Suck]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
He’s constantly injured, how is it nonsense? I’m not saying he’s a *****, his body is just breaking down.

I don't think he missed more then the average guy. He's been in the league since 2010, yet only hit the IR 3 times. Once was long term when he broke his leg with the B's.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Now, I will say that in fairness, if we’re talking elite, and I mean truly elite, you’re still looking at Hughes and Kakko.

Beyond that, I see potential first line players. Even potentially very good first line players, but I’d be hesitant to project elite expectations on some of them — and that’s coming from someone who loves the top 10 of this draft.

We are on the same page about what truly elite means.

Here's how I break it down. We still have a pretty good first line intact with Zibs and Kreider plus whoever you throw in their line. If this team wants to win the Cup, they need to draft players so good that that line becomes the 2nd line, and so on. Kravtsov has that potential. Hughes definitely does.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada

Here's how I break it down. We still have a pretty good first line intact with Zibs and Kreider plus whoever you throw in their line. If this team wants to win the Cup, they need to draft players so good that that line becomes the 2nd line, and so on. Kravtsov has that potential. Hughes definitely does.
We need to put a guy on that line that can really get a positive return from playing with them such that he can gains confidence in his game and as a result has some inflated numbers over the last 20 games so that he becomes either a genuine piece for us to keep...or he becomes more tradable and attractive at the draft . Who else would that fit besides Vesey ? It would be nice to have at least one line set for the start of next season .

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC

Couldn't agree more.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
We need to put a guy on that line that can really get a positive return from playing with them such that he can gains confidence in his game and as a result has some inflated numbers over the last 20 games so that he becomes either a genuine piece for us to keep...or he becomes more tradable and attractive at the draft . Who else would that fit besides Vesey ? It would be nice to have at least one line set for the start of next season .
This is garbage... Now isnt the time to inflate trade assets numbers. Put Lias or Chytil there and let them try to develop further...

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
This is garbage... Now isnt the time to inflate trade assets numbers. Put Lias or Chytil there and let them try to develop further...
Garbage eh ? LOL...well truthfully the only place Chytil should be playing is in the AHL. Putting him on a first line would be idiotic all day any day . I honestly doubt you can find a reputable poster here that would agree with you . He should not see the NHL again this season .

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Garbage eh ? LOL...well truthfully the only place Chytil should be playing is in the AHL. Putting him on a first line would be idiotic all day any day . I honestly doubt you can find a reputable poster here that would agree with you . He should not see the NHL again this season .
O I've been on the send him down train all year long... But if we're not going to do that, play him and let him play with talented guys

Reactions: leetch99

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
O I've been on the send him down train all year long... But if we're not going to do that, play him and let him play with talented guys
LOL...well at least we agree on where he really should be . I tend to think he is just a bit too young to handle the top line right now . I wish we had of let him spend most of the season in the AHL.....hard to figure that move out by the Rangers .

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
LOL...well at least we agree on where he really should be . I tend to think he is just a bit too young to handle the top line right now . I wish we had of let him spend most of the season in the AHL.....hard to figure that move out by the Rangers .
I think it boils down to not being prepared for him not being NHL ready...

Look at the defense: we acquired McQuaid and Claesson to ensure the defense incase Pionk and ADA weren't ready

Look at the offense: were stuck now playing Smith as a regular forward. We had to acquire a AHL guy from the panthers to be on the 4th line.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
Uh no now in fact is the time. We need to continue to cut the fat and sell high. Chytil can develop on the lower lines or even in Hartford like others had said.

Chytil especially needs to learn how to carry a line not be carried on a line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad