Around the NHL: Part III – Oilers Fire Chiarelli [Update: Still Suck]

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Tied for 10th worst record. 3 teams however are only 1pt behind us.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
So, Carolina has produced t-shirts mocking what Don Cherry said about them.

52828077_223614455143199_5205265440925810688_n.png

Some people will hate me for saying this I love organizations that have fun with it. Vegas, Dallas, Carolina. Sometimes I wish the Rangers were a bit less serious. Never do anything fun. They're so boring. Like that kid in class who always follows the rules and reminds the teacher we have a test today
I want one.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Today's game for the tank:
  • Arizona Vs Calgary (Yotes!)
  • Chicago Vs Ottawa (3pt game!)
  • Vegas Vs Colorado (Avs!)
  • Los Angels Vs Washington (Kings!)
If all goes well, and Ottawa wins the 3pt game against the Hawks, Rangers would be in 25th place and 7 pts out from worst in the league (4pts from 2nd worst).

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I did, and all I could think about was we wouldnt have won the presidents without his play, covering for injured Hank.
Was pissed we didn't get a 1st for him. Kind of proves that if you dont have any kind of team around you, a goaltenders play will suffer. Good for Cam to get the hell out of dodge.
I am pretty sure he will beat us someday in a stinking Flyers uni.

Sarge13

May 30, 2018
And doing it without Gibson.

Ryan Miller may be old but he still has a few tricks up his sleeve.

Last night's win made him number one in wins all time for us born goalies. He passed Johnny Van beez to go into first all alone.

The Ducks will have some nice pieces to trade at the deadline and they do have some decent prospects coming, they'll find a way to turn it around fast, they always seem to.

Reactions: Wicked Backhand

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I did, and all I could think about was we wouldnt have won the presidents without his play, covering for injured Hank.
Was pissed we didn't get a 1st for him. Kind of proves that if you dont have any kind of team around you, a goaltenders play will suffer. Good for Cam to get the hell out of dodge.
I am pretty sure he will beat us someday in a stinking Flyers uni.
I agree with every word of this post. Cam was instrumental in our success that season, that was the season we went to the Cup final if I'm not mistaken.

Reactions: Larrybiv

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I agree with every word of this post. Cam was instrumental in our success that season, that was the season we went to the Cup final if I'm not mistaken.
You are correct. He was very good for us, maybe just a rough patch a time or 2. I believe Cam will come back strong with "a better defensive team (albeit not great, but better) hope he at least gets a chance. With Hart (who has been outstanding) getting the every day opportunity to play, apparently they weren't happy with Stolarz.......ergo trade. Flyers i believe won that.......Cam has a much better shot at being a GREAT back up for them, but might eventually take over starting more regularly as you just "never know" with a player such as Hart hitting a wall by playing too much. Good move Flyers, maybe you have finally figured out your 2 decades of needing good goaltending. Lmao.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Ryan Miller may be old but he still has a few tricks up his sleeve.

Last night's win made him number one in wins all time for us born goalies. He passed Johnny Van beez to go into first all alone.

The Ducks will have some nice pieces to trade at the deadline and they do have some decent prospects coming, they'll find a way to turn it around fast, they always seem to.

I confess I was surprised to learn that Miller was still in the NHL.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
So, in Edmonton 1-7-2 in last 10. Guess that proves firing the GM doesn't have anything to do with what is going on, on the ice. I suppose, that if we don't get lucky and choose 1OA, then I wouldn't mind Edmonton getting it, providing we get #2.
Don't fear that organization in any way moving forward. Not like if the Devils got 1OA, that would piss me off.

The Oil stink, probably always will, yet McDavid deserves something around him. Apparently Leon isn't enough. Now they trad Cam for Stolarz, really? Wow.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Speaking of the Devils, they Anaheim and Chicago creeping closer........and I have to scratch my head when I see we are above Colorado?!?! Are you kidding me? How pathetic are they? Sakic is placing all of his biscuits in this upcoming draft.
Guess he is somehow trying to monopolize that 1st pick as best he can. Pathetic. Sakic to his fans; Patience. Please be patient while we waste yet another year of MacKinnon's talent. We don't need experience on this team, we will grow together. I PROMISE a cup in 2025-26." Pathetic.

I have an idea Joe......why don't you trade MacKinnon and get 2 #1's? Yeah, that will bring people to the games. Lol.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
So, in Edmonton 1-7-2 in last 10. Guess that proves firing the GM doesn't have anything to do with what is going on, on the ice. I suppose, that if we don't get lucky and choose 1OA, then I wouldn't mind Edmonton getting it, providing we get #2.
Don't fear that organization in any way moving forward. Not like if the Devils got 1OA, that would piss me off.

The Oil stink, probably always will, yet McDavid deserves something around him. Apparently Leon isn't enough. Now they trad Cam for Stolarz, really? Wow.
The g.m. put together the team that sucks.

Reactions: Irishguy42

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I wouldn't be surprised if our biggest rivals inadvertently help us out by taking one of the big players off the market.

Islanders are #1 in the Metro and its because of their insane goaltending. They are in the bottom 1/3rd in goals scored but #1 in goals allowed. That kind of hot goaltending can take you to the SCF. You wonder if Lou makes a big splash on a Stone/Duchene/Panarin. They have the assets.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I wouldn't be surprised if our biggest rivals inadvertently help us out by taking one of the big players off the market.

Islanders are #1 in the Metro and its because of their insane goaltending. They are in the bottom 1/3rd in goals scored but #1 in goals allowed. That kind of hot goaltending can take you to the SCF. You wonder if Lou makes a big splash on a Stone/Duchene/Panarin. They have the assets.
Trotz has them playing really good hockey. How else could one explain their play this year after having them hemorrhage goals against in recent years with largely unchanged personnel?

Trotz should win the Jack Adams this year and it shouldn't even be close. Credit where credit is due.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I guess I was out of the loop... These Carolina end-game victory celebrations are awesome... kudos to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad