Around the NHL - Part 2 - Playoffs, PLAYOFFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Stuff a cat down your pants and let me know how that goes.

Like this

88AzmNE.jpg

or this

2_jpeg96b3771eca0a0434ce713bd4367394cc.jpeg

double the pleasure

xNCmHEx.jpg

or maybe this

uWvo4Vj.jpg

Here's the winner. They'll never notice

img_6836_2.jpg

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Stars got screwed on that last penalty, but glad the Blues win it.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Calgary fires Bob Hartley. Wow.

Talk about a hair trigger.

Six of the last 10 Jack Adams winners have been fired from the team with whom they won the award.

And here we are with Dave Tippett getting a bigger say in the team after four years of underwhelming performance. ;)

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
They should have allowed him another 3 years of failure, and then rewarded with him a promotion.

But Calgary is super stacked so if they aren't fighting for the SC, their coach should be fired. I was told that if the team is good then the coach should be fired for not winning it all, but if they are bad for nearly a decade it's just fine and not the coaches fault, ever. Clearly the Flames must be an SC contender otherwise their decision does not fit what I was told the rule is by such wise people.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
But Calgary is super stacked so if they aren't fighting for the SC, their coach should be fired. I was told that if the team is good then the coach should be fired for not winning it all, but if they are bad for nearly a decade it's just fine and not the coaches fault, ever. Clearly the Flames must be an SC contender otherwise their decision does not fit what I was told the rule is by such wise people.

Calgary way under achieved, that is why he got shot. 97 points to 77 points from last year to this year with a better roster. BB got shot for poor playoff performances. The Blues would have shot Hitch but he won game 7, saved his job. If the Coyotes add a top 4D man finish with 20 point less, Tip will get shot too.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
:deadhorse

CGY: Right personnel(GM); wrong coaching strategies (bye-bye)
AZ: right Personnel (GM); mediocre coaching strategies (semi-promotion)

Mediocre--rewarded; wrong--fired

more coaches need to strive for mediocrity

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Hey, Maloney got sacked. Isn't that enough accountability?

Every normal franchise would have recognized that there were two options:
1. Everyone goes
2. No one goes

Instead, a coronation was held for dear leader Dave Tippett.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
ayyyy accountability. Nice to see it still a thing elsewhere.

Last year Hartley and Trevling were the darlings of the NHL because the team overachieved. This year after three years of rebuilding they took a major dump. I thought he deserved another year, but I don't follow the Flames.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Calgary way under achieved, that is why he got shot. 97 points to 77 points from last year to this year with a better roster. BB got shot for poor playoff performances. The Blues would have shot Hitch but he won game 7, saved his job. If the Coyotes add a top 4D man finish with 20 point less, Tip will get shot too.

Exactly. The Coyotes have to improve or DT gets the boot. He knows that.

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
Every normal franchise would have recognized that there were two options:
1. Everyone goes
2. No one goes

Instead, a coronation was held for dear leader Dave Tippett.

Or one boss recognizes that something isn't working and makes some changes. IE Maloney firing Tippett and choosing his successor

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Lol looking like our good friend Mike Ribeiro is a healthy scratch.

Interesting. I wonder if we find out why, besides a vague "we did what was best for the team". Either way with his history not too surprising if he's being a ****** again.

Tampa bay scores with 38 seconds left, the game is going into OT. OT in the playoffs is the best thing ever.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Interesting. I wonder if we find out why, besides a vague "we did what was best for the team". Either way with his history not too surprising if he's being a ****** again.

Tampa bay scores with 38 seconds left, the game is going into OT. OT in the playoffs is the best thing ever.

Playoff hockey is the best, and OT adds to the excitement. Not much too chose between the remaining teams. The physicality is out of this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad