Around the NHL - Part 2 - Playoffs, PLAYOFFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Me too. Number 8 needs a cup.
Crosby is twice the player and needs another one. And Kessel needs one. Oh my, Kessel. If Leafs fans are going to be gifted 1OA, they need to watch Phil Kessel win a Wales Trophy his first year away from the Leafs.

Loved to see Kessel, Kessel and Hagelin score the goals to ice the game. Two guys who frustrated their last team and got traded this season.
No thanks. [Orpik] cost Washington that series.
Did anyone get a good look on the high-sticking penalty where he got the double minor in the 2nd? It looked like he fell over on his own and just whacked the Penguins player in the face. Really bizarre way to lose a series.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Crosby is twice the player and needs another one. And Kessel needs one. Oh my, Kessel. If Leafs fans are going to be gifted 1OA, they need to watch Phil Kessel win a Wales Trophy his first year away from the Leafs.

Loved to see Kessel, Kessel and Hagelin score the goals to ice the game. Two guys who frustrated their last team and got traded this season.Did anyone get a good look on the high-sticking penalty where he got the double minor in the 2nd? It looked like he fell over on his own and just whacked the Penguins player in the face. Really bizarre way to lose a series.

Yeah, losing his balance and flailing his arms. It's a problem when a hockey stick is attached to one of those arms.

More bizarre I think was the 3 delay of game penalties Pit took in about a minutes time.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
President's Trophy curse continues

141059325-deputy-commissioner-bill-daly-presents-gettyimages.jpg

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I think there are better options available at the cost/term that wouldn't cost us much, even for grizzled vet D-men. I mean we do need a veteran D-man, but I'm hoping we don't have to settle for Orpik.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Pens tapped a fresh coach and he brought in young guys willing to skate through a wall. Funny how that works for some teams, but is heretical to suggest for others.

Sure, maybe that gets them to the ECF, but watch those amateurs falter in the final. Then you'll see Sullivan wishing he had more comfortable Moss and Chipchura types.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Sure, maybe that gets them to the ECF, but watch those amateurs falter in the final. Then you'll see Sullivan wishing he had more comfortable Moss and Chipchura types.

That really should be y'all's team - they've done everything right. Tanked 10-12 years ago for Crosby and Malkin, and now this. :laugh:

Plus, no shortage of Pittsburgh transplants around here - our beer league team wore Pens stuff for years as we had 3 guys from that area; want my old jerseys?

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
That really should be y'all's team - they've done everything right. Tanked 10-12 years ago for Crosby and Malkin, and now this. :laugh:

Plus, no shortage of Pittsburgh transplants around here - our beer league team wore Pens stuff for years as we had 3 guys from that area; want my old jerseys?

Is it just me or is that most transplants are bandwagon fans to their the home team? There weren't nearly as many people wearing Penguins jersey's here until Crosby and Malkin joined the team.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Not sure I see either team beating the Blues in round 3, but I've been wrong plenty of times so far this playoff, so we'll see. Should be good.

If the Blues are going to advance they'll need Elliott to stop having a turd of a game every 4 games. Especially can't happen early in the series.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I will be torn if the Blues play the Sharks. Both deserve to finally get over the hump and at least make a final.

Dislike the Pens but I think their young coach and his young guys running roughshod over the entire league is pretty damn funny. After they fired the safe, experienced coaching pick to boot. After throwing out the guy who couldn't get out of his own way in Bylsma.

How bad ratings wise would Tampa-Nashville be?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Lindy Ruff has never won a Game 7? Really? I hope he takes the same heat as Boudreau did on that one.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Dallas being a flawed team and them getting eliminated isn't too surprising though; so I think Ruff will get a pass for a season. You could see it in those games the Domi-Hanzal-Duclair line handled them.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Dallas being a flawed team and them getting eliminated isn't too surprising though; so I think Ruff will get a pass for a season. You could see it in those games the Domi-Hanzal-Duclair line handled them.

Their offense improved so they stayed out of their own zone but their defense didn't improve much and their goaltending arguably got worse.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

Oh, I don't think he should be fired. But that's a crazy stat for a coach who has been around for 20 years.

Edit: Out of curiosity, I looked up Tipp's Game 7 record. Has only coached in two. One here and one in Dallas. He's 0-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad