NHL Around the NHL - Offseason moves and rumblings II - Habs trade Max67 to Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
New Bruins receive their numbers!

NewBsNumbers.png

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Not the hugest maroon fan but have no idea why the Bruins wouldn't have been happy with that. Easily would have preferred him over Nordstrom at 750k more.

maroon lives in st louis... his family is in st louis... his agent is in st louis. the talk on Edmonton sports radio was all but guaranteed that maroon would be back in st louis.

only thing that took this long imho... would be maroon wanted more money. I seriously doubt he was available to any other team for this price. looks like the proverbial home town discount to me

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Meh, if I was an Isles fan, I'd still be pissed about him leaving. Not sure this article would make me feel better

on the first... I posted it was ridiculous he hadn't let teams know ahead of time to free them to make their plans. I was roundly criticized that he had every right to take his time. but now we can see that it was never about making a choice and he was headed 1 way all along. maybe Toronto was lowballing him on an offer and he has to wait to the last second to leverage them? I don't know... but I stand by my july 1 statement

he was pretty classless the way he did this... and no amount of flowery words can change that imo. actions speak louder then words.

I still would have been happy if he was on my team... so let Toronto fans be happy. islander fans be upset. he was never going to choose us, so im not wasting my time getting upset. I hope boston didn't stop any decesions based on Tavares. I hope we missed out on jvr and the others simply because the price/term was so ridiculous

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
maroon lives in st louis... his family is in st louis... his agent is in st louis. the talk on Edmonton sports radio was all but guaranteed that maroon would be back in st louis.

only thing that took this long imho... would be maroon wanted more money. I seriously doubt he was available to any other team for this price. looks like the proverbial home town discount to me

Good points. You are on your game lately, well done!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I look real quick and I see Mike Oconnell(sorry) Samsonov, Sittler, and Jason Allison.

Watched a lot of Sittler growing-up so I'll always see him in 27.

#20 for me will always be Daniel Paille. #27 Steve Leach, #14 Sergei Samsonov and #41 Andrew Alberts.

Reactions: TCB

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
At least they chose somewhat normal numbers.

The Bruins have already reached their quota of guys with numbers in the 40s and onward.

Reactions: chizzler and TCB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese