OT: Around the NHL - Keep on truckin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Marchand and Pasta perfectly execute a 2 on 1 and finish....meanwhile, the Pens attempt one and either the puck hits a skate and it’s a 3 on 1 the other way, or it’s a chest snipe easily stopped by the goalie...

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
It has been sad to see him decline. I firmly believe he would be fine as a 4th liner if he wasn't being paid so damn much.

Agreed. He was my favourite Islander during those early post lockout years. It's unfortunate that his career became the classic case of a respectable player being unable to live up to an outrageous contract.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I'm not watching the game, but I'm scrolling through Twitter... So Edzo suggested Marc Staal as a player the Bruins could add at the deadline? The Pens are sooooo lucky to not have him as a GM. lol

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Too bad we played the Flyers at the beginning of the year they look like rotten shit now

That's an accurate assessment of a team after the first year of Alain Vigneault's system, especially when the goalie falters. He's just happened to have not one, but two HoF goalies to rely on for most of his career - a major reason why he is up there in wins.

I mean, Canada’s goalie situation is horrible.

It really is. Price, Binnington, and Hart? Yay???

Last edited:

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Speaking of international hockey, I totally blanked on some guys being American.

Quinn Hughes, Boeser, Krug, Seth Jones, Anders Lee, Larkin, Petry.

And obviously the high end talent in Matthews, Eichel and Gaudrau. Stud goalie in Gibson. And some vets still playing legit hockey in Wheeler, Kane, Patches and Pavelski.

They can build a really really good team.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Speaking of international hockey, I totally blanked on some guys being American.

Quinn Hughes, Boeser, Krug, Seth Jones, Anders Lee, Larkin, Petry.

And obviously the high end talent in Matthews, Eichel and Gaudrau. Stud goalie in Gibson. And some vets still playing legit hockey in Wheeler, Kane, Patches and Pavelski.

They can build a really really good team.
Don't forget Hellebuyck as a 1A/1B with Gibson.

I also had no idea Boeser and Krug were American. "Torey Krug" is an extremely Canadian name.

Reactions: Gurglesons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad