OT: Around the NHL - Keep on truckin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Yeah, but the 'States can roll four lines. I like their chances in a shootout at the O.K. Corral, especially if Hellebuyck or Gibson can make a couple big saves.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I'm of the opinion that America has the personnel to pull off a victory, even though Canada has more talent. Their success will also hinge on who is calling the shots. If it were 2018, I'd lobby for Sullivan. However, I'd say Laviolette, with Sullivan, Richards, and Tortorella as assistants. Maybe Granato assumes some type of role as well.

Last edited:

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Canada obviously has deeper pool to pick from and their B team would be a medal contender or possibly a favorite, but I think when it’s top 18 skaters vs top 18 skaters USA has negated the gap. Then you add goalies and there’s a tangible chance.

Canada is still better on paper but it’s closer than ever.

I hope Jake makes the team and plays in top 6. He’d be ridiculous with Kane imo. I also think Rust will make it if he keeps playing like this.

Reactions: BHD

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
To make sure his family isn't in danger? To get himself out of the spotlight so no one can lace his helmet with Novichok.

Maybe. Doesn’t make sense that he didn’t move his family from Russia to begin with after public ally supporting Navalny if that’s what he’s doing, which I haven’t seen confirmed. I wouldn’t assume that it’s not true or that it is true at this point though.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Maybe. Doesn’t make sense that he didn’t move his family from Russia to begin with after public ally supporting Navalny if that’s what he’s doing, which I haven’t seen confirmed. I wouldn’t assume that it’s not true or that it is true at this point though.

He posted an Insta post about it and specifically buried Putin in an interview a year ago.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
He posted an Insta post about it and specifically buried Putin in an interview a year ago.

That’s what I mean. If he’s trying to move out his family or something he should have done that when he supported Navalny :dunno: Guess we just have to wait.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
It seems like Nazarov made a claim and the Russian media is running with it, which would happen in any country if an elite player had a former coach accuse them of assaulting a woman.

He also is claiming that Panarin was detained by authorities and made a substantial payment to the victim. Should be plenty of evidence if it is true. We'll have to wait to see if any proof actually exists.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Team USA's potential roster is looking pretty dang good.

Canada has the edge in forwards, but this feels like the first tourney in forever that we're not slouch in that department either. Clear edge to the US on defense and in goal. I'm excited to see how it plays out -- I think we have a legit chance this time around, even moreso than 2014 when we had Bylsma turtling against a top-calibre D.

Reactions: StaalForOne and BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Canada has the edge in forwards, but this feels like the first tourney in forever that we're not slouch in that department either. Clear edge to the US on defense and in goal.

That's what I'm getting at. This is one of the larger groups of forwards they've had to pick from in a while.

I'm excited to see how it plays out -- I think we have a legit chance this time around, even moreso than 2014 when we had Bylsma turtling against a top-calibre D.

Canada can play any style, so the US might as well play to it's strengths.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

giphy.gif

Reactions: Tom Hanks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad