OT: Around the NHL - Keep on truckin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Speaking of international hockey, I totally blanked on some guys being American.

Quinn Hughes, Boeser, Krug, Seth Jones, Anders Lee, Larkin, Petry.

And obviously the high end talent in Matthews, Eichel and Gaudrau. Stud goalie in Gibson. And some vets still playing legit hockey in Wheeler, Kane, Patches and Pavelski.

They can build a really really good team.

It sucks because last Olympics we still would’ve had Kessel and Wheeler at elite level.

That being said our D is going to be stacked.

We could run..

Slavin - Pesce
Werenski - Jones
Hughes - Petry

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Plus Hughes, Matthews, and Eichel as our top nine centers surrounded by Tkachuk bros, Guentzel, Connor, Kane and Wheeler. Lol

upload_2021-2-21_22-36-2.gif

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It sucks because last Olympics we still would’ve had Kessel and Wheeler at elite level.

That being said our D is going to be stacked.

We could run..

Slavin - Pesce
Werenski - Jones
Hughes - Petry
I don't know if I would even put Hughes as the 3rd pair, that bloke is an epic defensive liability, it's too bad Faulk is a RHS, otherwise he would be on that 3rd pair.

Actually, I'd probably go Fowler-Faulk.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Since we're talking about defense at the Olympics... The Canadian media is still convince themselves that Doughty should be on the upcoming team.

Assuming they opt for eight defensemen, like they did in 2014, I'd go with Hamilton, Makar, Ellis, Chabot, Pietrangelo, and Theodore for sure. Giordano, Ekblad, Weber, Pulock, and Rielly deserve looks as well. This, however, doesn't take the possibility of management wanting to have a 'veteran' (e.g., Keith, Doughty, Burns) into consideration. That would mean a more deserving candidate would be left home. I'm hoping that doesn't turn out to be the case.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Since we're talking about defense at the Olympics... The Canadian media is still convince themselves that Doughty should be on the upcoming team.

Assuming they opt for eight defensemen, like they did in 2014, I'd go with Hamilton, Makar, Ellis, Chabot, Pietrangelo, and Theodore for sure. Giordano, Ekblad, Weber, Pulock, and Rielly deserve looks as well. This, however, doesn't take the possibility of management wanting to have a 'veteran' (e.g., Keith, Doughty, Burns) into consideration. That would mean a more deserving candidate would be left home. I'm hoping that doesn't turn out to be the case.

That D seems way too soft and offensive oriented.

I’d probably role something like...

Theo - Piets
Morrissey- Makar
Reilly - Parakyo

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
That D seems way too soft and offensive oriented.

I’d probably role something like...

Theo - Piets
Morrissey- Makar
Reilly - Parakyo

Totally forgot about Parayko. Good call. Canada is stacked on the right side. Hamilton was having a Norris-level campaign before he missed time last season. Plus Ellis is no slouch either.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Good.

Team USA is going to have so much swagger anyway. Gonna make you cry.

They're loaded. Is their forward group better than Canada's? If not, it's pretty damn close. Same goes for the defense. Goaltending, though, could really swing things in their favour.

Reactions: Gurglesons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad