Around the NHL III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013
steve simmons ‏@simmonssteve 6m
Just ran into MikeBabcock at HOF. He said that Steven Stamkos will be on Olympic roster and they'll figure out later whether he plays or not

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
I broke my tibia playing soccer. It's as painful as it gets.
The recovery is not long, but it's hard work to get the muscle mass and strength back in the calf. He should be back in 10 to 12 weeks. Just in time for the Olympics.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
i'm confused by the statement that said he will need surgery. especially coupled with the "not a complicated injury - may be back for Sochi" is it that surgery will accelerate the healing? i always thought simple breaks were a matter of immobilization and time. not a complicated injury = not a complicated recovery so why surgery?

Depends on the break, if it's a clean break, they let the bone heal on its own. If it's multiple breaks, they need to put screws in.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Truly sucks that Stamkos got hurt. You always want to watch the best in the world do what they're great at. Always a joy to watch Stamkos score goals. Look forward to getting him back soon.

Championship*

At what point though, do Yzerman/Vinnick worry less about the Olympics and more about their NHL season which is going pretty fine so far?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I don't think team Canada will really be that lost without him. Honestly, if they still can't win gold with the ridiculously stacked roster they will have, there is no excuse.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Really hope this is true.

Team USA all the way, but imagine if Stamkos-Crosby is as deadly of a pairing as it looks on paper.

Should he play, I think the logical thing to do is pair him with the one guy he instantly clicks with (St.Louis)

At least under the assumption they don't screw St.Louis for a second time.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Doesn't stamkos playe center? Or has he moved to LW?

Considering that Canada has like, 2 billion centers, a lot of them will have to play wing.

I mean,
Crosby
Duchene
Tavares
Giroux
Stamkos
Getzlaf
Couture
Thornton
M. Richards
Toews
Spezza

and I probably forgot some.

Also just saw that Kyle Turris has 18 points in 17 games. Pretty incredible, if I say so.

BarbaraAlphanse

I broke my tibia playing soccer. It's as painful as it gets.
The recovery is not long, but it's hard work to get the muscle mass and strength back in the calf. He should be back in 10 to 12 weeks. Just in time for the Olympics.

I can't believe he tried to put weight on it right after.

Tibia recovery is 3-6 months. Hockey players tend to make some sort of unreal recoveries though. I wouldn't be surprised if he's back by olympics. Would think a greater likelihood of him playing by playoff time (if TB is in there) though.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Considering that Canada has like, 2 billion centers, a lot of them will have to play wing.

I mean,
Crosby
Duchene
Tavares
Giroux
Stamkos
Getzlaf
Couture
Thornton
M. Richards
Toews
Spezza

and I probably forgot some.

Also just saw that Kyle Turris has 18 points in 17 games. Pretty incredible, if I say so.

Bergeron will be in the mix. Otherwise, I think you just about covered it.

I guess guys like steen, Benn, Seguin and Marleau would all have legit shots on any other country, but damn is Canada deep in centers

Last edited:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
It's going down in Buffalo today.

LaLaLaLaLaFontaine in as president of hockey ops. Supposedly firing Ron Rolston, and bringing in Ted Nolan.

If that's the case, I feel bad for Ronnie the Bear. Dude got dealt a pretty ****ty hand up there. Not like he did any good with it, but it wasn't the best situation.

This is probably the worst rebuild I've ever seen.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
I like Lafontaine, always seemed like a smart guy and he's a class act so I'm happy for him.

Ted Nolan, on the other hand, really? :shakehead

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Firing a GM in the middle of a rebuild never really made sense to me.

I mean, you let the guy trade one of your main pieces in Vanek, and other important pieces like Pominville - just to can him before it's even finished?

It was like with Howson in CBJ. Trade Nash, our prize possession, but then you're outta here!

Darcy's trades actually weren't too terrible, but every Sabres fan I know hates the guy, so they're probably celebrating.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Okay so I realized last night that I'm still getting the Center Ice free preview, is this happening for anyone else? I'm still able to see all the games, definitely not paying for it :laugh:

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Buffalo FINALLY cleaned house with management. Way overdue. Good for them, Buffalo fans deserved better.

Though I'm kindaaaa surprised with the Regier firing. He fleeced Snow with that Vanek trade, and as Silverfish said it doesn't make much sense to fire a GM during a rebuild.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Buffalo FINALLY cleaned house with management. Way overdue. Good for them, Buffalo fans deserved better.

Though I'm kindaaaa surprised with the Regier firing. He fleeced Snow with that Vanek trade, and as Silverfish said it doesn't make much sense to fire a GM during a rebuild.

Right? Just seems odd to me. I respect the fact that they're going to let the new GM handle Miller, but if they were going to fire Darcy, why do it after he trades Vanek? Even though Darcy got a pretty good haul for Tommy.

This rebuild was ****ed from the start. It slowed to a snail's pace, and then they got caught in some weird limbo where their veterans are terrible, and it rubs off on the younger guys. Rolston never really gave Grigorenko a decent shot.

But the think tank really mishandled the whole situation. Pegula came in promising the world, and they messed it up by throwing too much into Myers, Ehrhoff, and Leino. Now they're reeling in the pain of that mismanagement. It set the organization back a few years for sure.

It sucks. I have a ton of friends who are Sabres fans. They're ready to declare today a new holiday judging by their posts on social media.

Say goodbye to that top 3 pick though. Nolan is going to have this team outworking a lot of other NHL teams on nearly a nightly basis. It won't translate into an amazing turnaround from the Sabres, but they're certainly going to win more with Nolan than with Rolston.

Very odd, very interesting.

You better believe I sent a resume to the Sabres once that press conference ended, though :laugh:

stenis22

Jan 13, 2013
Bergeron will be in the mix. Otherwise, I think you just about covered it.

I guess guys like steen, Benn, Seguin and Marleau would all have legit shots on any other country, but damn is Canada deep in centers

Steen is swedish and he's likely making the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad