OT: Around the NHL - Hockey is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Looks to be a complete changing of the guard this year. Could be because the younger players are easier to get going after a long layoff.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Are Caps fans surprised a bottom six of a bunch of over paid thirty year olds like Hagelin, Kovalchuk, and Panik is failing them?

To be honest I feel that the majority of Caps and Pens players had little desire to come back and continue the season. I'm not saying that's the main reason they lost but it is a reason.

Most Caps fans had very little faith in Rierden after he replaced Trotz and that seems to be warranted.

He's most likely fired if the Caps lose to the Isles.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
To be honest I feel that the majority of Caps and Pens players had little desire to come back and continue the season. I'm not saying that's the main reason they lost but it is a reason.

Most Caps fans had very little faith in Rierden after he replaced Trotz and that seems to be warranted.

at least your organization will actually fire the coach rather than just remove his assistants...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I got a lot of crap from Caps fans saying that Niskanen trade was going to come back to bite them hard.

I dunno. The Caps defense has looked like shit all year despite Carlson putting up Paul Coffey numbers earlier.

That being said, Isles definitely are a team that could piss away a 2-0 lead this year.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I always liked Vancouver.. even when ALLLL of HF and hockey shit all over them. And man they have a f***ing team of young talent. So fun to watch.

The Isles/Caps series is so weird to me. Caps dominate for like 5 minutes then get f***ing wrecked.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Why is it weird? We watched the same thing happen last year.

:laugh: Touche. It does go to show that you don't need the best players. You just need a team that wants to play together. These loaded teams never work. Never. A mix between hungry/talent/and a great mix of role players. It's such a hard thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad