OT: Around the NHL - Hockey is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Plugged in person told me there won’t be an announcement for the start of next season until they can see where things like vaccines and mitigations land so they can have fans. Until then they’re not playing. May not be until January.

Yeah, I don't think they'll be playing unless they can get full number of people in the stands. I can't see them only playing in front of 1/3 of the crowd because it won't be financially beneficial. If no vaccine is circulated by January, I think they will just cancel the season

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
I know it comes with the job but man... Could you imagine not being able to see ur family and not being able to leave the bubble?

I can GUARANTEE the NHL will not work next season unless a vaccine is available.

Ask your average military family who go through this with each deployment. Those last up to a year & they don’t get 5 star resorts to stay in either. A lot of times, they don’t get to talk to family members on a routine basis either. I don’t have much sympathy for pampered athletes who are doing this now.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Listen... this is why I think coaching is needed for teh Pens.I don't think it's all roster, albeit some small moves could EASILY be made (COUGH COUGH JJ).

Brindy obviously told his team to play with an attitude. He changed a culture in Carolina that was going very south just 2-3 years ago. And now they are a fun, young, talented team that play with a f***ing attitude. If you are a Carolina fan, you have to love it.

Also... this next generation of NHL Stars is sooo fantastic. The post-Sid/Ovy/Geno/etc era is going to be left with just AMAZING talent. These kids are so good. From McDavid to Aho to a tonnnnn of teams.

If you love hockey, it's a great era.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Do you get the sense that the vets on Arizona are playing with a chip on their shoulder?

Game 2 they played well and they are flying right now. Stepan looks like he did with the Rangers. Kessel is fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->