OT: Around the NHL - Hockey is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Coaching and goaltending clearly the biggest upgrade though.

Eh. I think it was HILARIOUS that Caps fans said Niskanen was done.

Nisky is probably the player I'm most pissed we lost. Especially since we basically rebuilt him into the player he is today. Trading Martin and keeping Nisky would have been the right move. Who cares obviously, but the way Caps fans talked shit on him was just hilarious.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Flyers are winning the cup I think.

Hayes and Niskanen were such smart moves that people shit all over.

Only team I see beating them is Carolina in the East.

How DARE you...

I don't care if PHILTHY is clearly the best team...you NEVER utter those damn words again. Ever. If they win, they win...but you never accept it as a foregone fact nor vocalize this resignation.

I mean...f***...can this get you banned!?! MODSSSSS!!!!!!!

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think the Avs or Vegas are more than good enough to beat the Flyers, though Phill looks really good.

For the Avs, they need to stay healthy and hope their goaltending is up to par. For Vegas, their blueline needs to hold and their goaltending needs to hold.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Flyers are fun to watch. Don't have a problem if they go all the way.

I would say Vegas still impresses me the most on a game to game basis.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Hate to say it but the Flyers look really good

Yeah the Flyers are winning it all.

I think the Avs or Vegas are more than good enough to beat the Flyers, though Phill looks really good.

For the Avs, they need to stay healthy and hope their goaltending is up to par. For Vegas, their blueline needs to hold and their goaltending needs to hold.

Flyers are fun to watch. Don't have a problem if they go all the way.

I would say Vegas still impresses me the most on a game to game basis.

wrong_with_you_people_office_space.gif

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Has anyone else here not watched a single RR game?

Haven't actually watched a single second of any game...not even the recaps lol

Listened to 3/4ths of pens first game on app

Lol

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Has anyone else here not watched a single RR game?
I've watched Vegas' games and the Avs' games. They both look phenomenal.

Pretty much nobody in the East looks impressive to me outside of Philly, and I don't know how much of their impressiveness comes from the other teams just flat-out not looking very good at all.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
i might try and catch the Dallas game later but looking forward to the playoffs next week, times permitting

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
...trying to jinx it. Mark Madden is saying the same.

Idk, it just would seem so like our rivalry for them to be able to throw the “1976” thing back in our faces with a COVID Cup. At least we’d still have the 2 cup edge and back to backs not that long ago.

By being the 1 seed they will benefit from any upset now, one of which the Penguins themselves already let happen. Losing in the SCF final is a big Flyers thing to do though, so let’s see if history repeats itself.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I've watched Vegas' games and the Avs' games. They both look phenomenal.

Pretty much nobody in the East looks impressive to me outside of Philly, and I don't know how much of their impressiveness comes from the other teams just flat-out not looking very good at all.

Philly seemed to be the only team in the Eastern RR to even be trying. Vegas & Colorado have both impressed me too.

There's a definite split between teams treating RR seriously and teams treating RR like exhibition warm-ups.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I guess the Caps really don’t want to face Carolina again...lol

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
These sticks with the hole in the middle of the blade weird me out, man. What's the point? Reduction in weight or something? How much of a difference can that possibly make, and how could the inevitable durability issues make it worth it? :laugh:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
These sticks with the hole in the middle of the blade weird me out, man. What's the point? Reduction in weight or something? How much of a difference can that possibly make, and how could the inevitable durability issues make it worth it? :laugh:

Who’s using those things?

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Say what you want about Tom Wilson, but I'd love to have that big dumb sack of shit on this team. :laugh: He's a better forward than anyone not named Sid, Geno or Jake when he's staying away from the dirty shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad