OT: Around the NHL - Hockey is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I think we are honestly seeing the issues with this format. All the skilled teams have been knocked out in the first round and the grinders are excelling it.

If I were in a more forgiving mood. It’s a format that was always primed for upsets and random outcomes. Players stealing series, teams being sluggish and rusty, injury recovery being rushed, routines being weird, games close together, bad ice, real life stress being higher, pressure on mental health, etc.

Reactions: Andy99 and Lustaf

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
If I were in a more forgiving mood. It’s a format that was always primed for upsets and random outcomes. Players stealing series, teams being sluggish and rusty, injury recovery being rushed, routines being weird, games close together, bad ice, real life stress being higher, pressure on mental health, etc.
Yep but now the NHL has setup a 37.5% chance of the next great prospect going to Pittsburgh, Edmonton or Toronto.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
When they had best of 5 in the 80's in a league where 16 of 21 made the playoffs, there were a lot of wacky upsets in the playoffs.

The North Stars who went to 6 games of the finals with the 91 Pens had 67 points.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Toronto showing more life in three minutes then Pittsburgh did all series.

Columbus should have ended that.

Toronto has to be the most dangerous team I've seen in recent years when they're pushing for a goal. They create like 6 or 7 ridiculous high danger chances in a shift.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
Pens use to do that.

Its how they won cups. This series they had zero drive or raw passion and being relentless on the puck.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Damn. That ruined a lot of delicious takes. Gotta think Toronto wins the next game, but it’s Toronto so who knows.

Reactions: Lustaf

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Seems like a pretty easy penalty call. Don't jam your stick in the skates of a guy a foot from the boards.

Reactions: Lustaf

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Toronto come back was amazing...they definitely don’t need Lafreniere ...Columbus could use though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad