OT: Around the NHL - Hockey is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Funny how Pearson didn’t work out here........

@Honour Over Glory Sully
Mate it's weird you are agreeing with me. I feel weirded out by it.

But Sully..If he didn't like the player right away he basically shit all over them with their usage and did his own version of Iginla to the left wing. He would instead put the wrong player with each other and then call it a failed experiment. Drove me nuts for more than Pearson. But Tanner is being used properly and his coach identified that. Ours did his pouting bullshit to spite JR and made things worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lustaf

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I was rooting for Columbus but still it's nice to see a dirtbag like Foligno taking a penalty which led to the OT goal. Imagine that - good things can happen if you ride your best players and try hard until the very end. Yes, it took a lot of luck because of all the empty nets the Jackets missed but in this situation the Pens probably don't score even one goal, let alone three with the goalie pulled. Tavares was struggling to make things happen on the second line, gets moved to the top line and the miracle happens. Wish we had at least tried something like that.
In the other games you see lots of traffic in front of the goalie, deflection goals, total chaos in front of the net... we can't generate anything like that, even if Hornqvist establishes a presence near the crease we can't put a good shot.
Tippet with his Sully impersonation - why do these coaches with so much experience try new lines instead of relying on those lines which had amazing chemistry in the regular season?

Reactions: KIRK and Andy99

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The SCF is going to be Flyers-Vegas isn’t it?

I said yesterday for as much as I loathe that organization, they hired Chuck Fletcher who hired Alain Vignault who in turn hired Therrien and Yeo as assistants. And, when you watch the Flyers right now, structurally and in terms of how they counter, they look a lot like the Pens of the 2007-2008 season.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Nah. Flyers alway will find a way to blow any chance.

This rule of thumb applied for years because they recycled moron GM's and coaches with ties to the organization.

Chuck Fletcher is legit. Vignault is legit. Therrien and Yeo are legit assistants. It's a brave new world, and the awful truth is that if the curse of the bambino finally came to an end, any drought can end eventually.

Reactions: BHD

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
This rule of thumb applied for years because they recycled moron GM's and coaches with ties to the organization.

Chuck Fletcher is legit. Vignault is legit. Therrien and Yeo are legit assistants. It's a brave new world, and the awful truth is that if the curse of the bambino finally came to an end, any drought can end eventually.

Oh for sure.

But not this year. Not this decade.

Reactions: KIRK

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
Do you think any coaches/gms will get fired after this season? I feel like this year is so messed up that most owners will just chalk it up to weirdness and let things roll until after next season.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Flyers are winning the cup I think.

Hayes and Niskanen were such smart moves that people shit all over.

Only team I see beating them is Carolina in the East.

Coaching and goaltending clearly the biggest upgrade though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad