OT: Around the NHL - Good hocket is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
If you were committed to winning....would you re-sign a gigantic contract to a completely mismanaged team that is also cap strapped without demanding a change in attitude or taking a discount to enable your GM to build something around you??

/devil's advocate

He's the best player in the world. Why would he take anything less? And him signing in Edmonton... uhm that's what you're supposed to do? Showing his loyalty to the team that drafted him? You want him to become LeBron and say I want this guy and this guy and this guy? He's an athlete, he's going to go out there and give 100%. It's not his fault if management sucks.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I'm thinkong of getting it so I can watch it through the PS4 app but tgey really seem to not want ny money

When I had my PS3 I would get it for convenience because it’s annoying setting up my laptop through the tv every time.

I have Roku now and there’s an app that you can stream from your phone to the tv. It has ads on the bottom scrolling but $6 gets rid of it.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
He's the best player in the world. Why would he take anything less? And him signing in Edmonton... uhm that's what you're supposed to do? Showing his loyalty to the team that drafted him? You want him to become LeBron and say I want this guy and this guy and this guy? He's an athlete, he's going to go out there and give 100%. It's not his fault if management sucks.

Kinda like Sid did for us, Ovechkin already had a mega contract in place and Crosby took less. So did Malkin. Both Sid and Malkin could've gotten max dollars if they asked for it, but they understood in a cap world if you want to win the ultimate prize you have to have some $$$ to get a supporting cast.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Kinda like Sid did for us, Ovechkin already had a mega contract in place and Crosby took less. So did Malkin. Both Sid and Malkin could've gotten max dollars if they asked for it, but they understood in a cap world if you want to win the ultimate prize you have to have some $$$ to get a supporting cast.

Different teams though. Edmonton has some bad contracts. If he takes a discount they might **** that money away anyway.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
When I had my PS3 I would get it for convenience because it’s annoying setting up my laptop through the tv every time.

I have Roku now and there’s an app that you can stream from your phone to the tv. It has ads on the bottom scrolling but $6 gets rid of it.

Looks like it doesn't even allow the app over here which is absurd, it's 2018!

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Looks like it doesn't even allow the app over here which is absurd, it's 2018!

Really. There is probably a way around it. Set up another PS account but use the American or Canadian store (not sure if you need a VPN to do that). Then download the app. It should be there using your normal account then.

Best to google it. I wanted Amazon Prime before it came to Canada so I used a new account and set it up as an American account then downloaded the app from the US App Store

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah I decided not to get it this season for the first time. Streams always skip back a little throughout the game which is annoying especially when they get good money for it.

Been happy with the alternatives (free) out there.
I cancelled NHL this year as well, it was always delayed and then people would post "free" streams that was live and I was like, wait, I am paying this to watch delayed when people are getting it live?

NHL sucks at how they cater to fans.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Really. There is probably a way around it. Set up another PS account but use the American or Canadian store (not sure if you need a VPN to do that). Then download the app. It should be there using your normal account then.

Best to google it. I wanted Amazon Prime before it came to Canada so I used a new account and set it up as an American account then downloaded the app from the US App Store
If it's on a PS4, Xbox or your laptop...DNS. Google ways to change it.

I remember doing it when I heard the Canadian Netflix had shows we didn't in the US (usually the opposite for people but yeah lol).

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex

I just don't want NHL enough to go through all that hassle. :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Thanks, baffling that I'm trying to give NHL my money and they just don't seem to want it.

Honestly...

If you have a good data plan or you're near wifi...streaming via reddit or whatever, is not as bad. I am trying it this year and I have found it fine to watch on my laptop and stream it to my tv or even on my phone when I can't be near a tv or my laptop/wifi.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Different teams though. Edmonton has some bad contracts. If he takes a discount they might **** that money away anyway.

That's exactly why he shouldn't have shown "loyalty" to that team.

You think Tavares is really happy he stayed with NYI so long?? What's he have to show for that? The same fans probably hate him now that would have hated him had he bailed outta that shitshow 8 years ago.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Florida has too many good players to have their season cratered in the first two weeks.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Wow, Reimer was so embarrassingly bad on that tying goal...he should not only be pulled he should be banned from playing in the nhl for a month...FLA back up...this game is a ****show, will be a football score....

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Honestly...

If you have a good data plan or you're near wifi...streaming via reddit or whatever, is not as bad. I am trying it this year and I have found it fine to watch on my laptop and stream it to my tv or even on my phone when I can't be near a tv or my laptop/wifi.
I need to start doing that again this year. I have only seen 2 games so far. Stupid cable and their blackouts.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad