OT: Around the NHL - Good hocket is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
McDavid's ability to know when it's a good time to tank the season is decidedly non-generational. Either that, or he just wants to win individual awards for his entire career.
He, to me anyway, looks like a player that just wants to get points.

Whereas kids like Eichel and Matthews, they want to win and play like they want to win and want to be the best they can be so they can win.

McDavid seems to just like getting points.

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015

Whereas kids like Eichel and Matthews, they want to win and play like they want to win and want to be the best they can be so they can win.

Gonna go out on a limb and say this might have something to do with it.

CC6g-7oUUAAgppM.jpg

He plays for Edmonton, he's not gonna win no matter how hard he tries.

Reactions: EightyOne

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
i think u could see McDavid's soul leaving his body when they annouced that he would be going to Edmonton. Though why on earth sign that mega deal, just refuse to sign ride it out and go elsewhere would have been a better move imo.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa
See, the thing is, players will try to sell the idea that that they didn't have time to alter their actions or whatever.

Having played sports, granted not at the "speed" of the "professional" level, I can honestly say I never committed a foul on accident. I had either decided before the game I was gonna play "real ****ing hard" or during the play I was determined to "tag" someone.

If you say you did a hit on accident, that's because subconsciously you were already committed to fouling someone and when the lizard brain took over, that's what you did.

There is no "didn't have time to react" excuse, because if you came into the game trying to play it the right way, you wouldn't even get close to blood-lust head-hunting. I know. Because I could play real clean, too.

Don't believe players when they say they couldn't react in a hit, when you just saw them react to hitting a puck out of the air....

I never said that what Matheson did was an accident though? A spur of the moment bad decision is still a bad decision worthy of repercussions. I've seen some treat the Matheson slam on the same scale as Wilson headshots, and imo they aren't in the same leaugue.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
i think u could see McDavid's soul leaving his body when they annouced that he would be going to Edmonton. Though why on earth sign that mega deal, just refuse to sign ride it out and go elsewhere would have been a better move imo.

He probably didn't want the criticism. Or maybe he signed his deal after they had that playoff run? I can't remember.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I think McDavid got his guaranteed money and he knows that if he asked for a trade he would get it. No team can handle the drama of denying a trade request from a guy like him.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Yea not really fair to say he should have left, but he really shouldn’t be winning games single handedly for that dumpster fire. Just let it burn bruh. Or don’t cuz most Edmonton fans are still terrible.

Reactions: BHD

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Like when Pittsburgh drafted Lemieux.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Kunitz with a terrible giveaway last night.
Question: With how some of our F's are looking, would you take him back?

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
No. Kunitz wouldn't help here, anymore.

The Penguins do not have personnel issues. It is linemates and motivation.

Speaking of exPens, here is Sheary doing his thing on the backcheck:

Last edited:
Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China

What?
McDavid has 11 points on 13 Edmonton goals. Last year he also factored into an ungodly amount of Edmonton's offense. He is and was last season a big time plus player always seeing the opponents best. Currently +3 on a - 3 team, playing almost 24 minutes per night. He is smart about puck management and forces oodles of turnovers. He is already now a good faceoff man.

What can that kid do more, and how could anyone in anything resembling their right mind suggest that Eichel and Matthews are more committed to winning? What?

Last edited:

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
What?
McDavid has 11 points on 13 Edmonton goals. Last year he also factored into an ungodly amount of Edmonton's offense. He is and was last season a big time plus player always seeing the opponents best. Currently +3 on a - 3 team, playing almost 24 minutes per night. He is smart about puck management and forces oodles of turnovers. He is already now a good faceoff man.

What can that kid do more, and how could anyone in anything resembling their right mind suggest that Eichel and Matthews are more committed to winning? What?

If you were committed to winning....would you re-sign a gigantic contract to a completely mismanaged team that is also cap strapped without demanding a change in attitude or taking a discount to enable your GM to build something around you??

/devil's advocate

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The Kings placing Kovy anywheres other than the half wall on the PP is just stupid. Not that it's the reason for them losing games, but he's not helping their cause there.

Also this...

They're like the Flames at the tail end of the Iggy/Kipper era.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
They don’t even need a rebuild. Just get a new voice on the bench and retool around Doughty and Kopitar.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
20 hours and no reply from NHLtv support on twitter.

Appaling customer service all round

Yeah I decided not to get it this season for the first time. Streams always skip back a little throughout the game which is annoying especially when they get good money for it.

Been happy with the alternatives (free) out there.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
The Kings placing Kovy anywheres other than the half wall on the PP is just stupid. Not that it's the reason for them losing games, but he's not helping their cause there.

Also this...

They're like the Flames at the tail end of the Iggy/Kipper era.

Did Kovy ever play the point on the PP or was it just the times I saw that he skated up there to release that cannon of his?

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Yeah I decided not to get it this season for the first time. Streams always skip back a little throughout the game which is annoying especially when they get good money for it.

Been happy with the alternatives (free) out there.

I'm thinkong of getting it so I can watch it through the PS4 app but tgey really seem to not want ny money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad