OT: Around the NHL - Good hocket is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Kapanen is really taking advantage of playing with Matthews...he’s been terrific...for the 1000th time I just so regret that we traded him....actually we could use DP right about now too...

No we couldn't use DP. He'd be a number 7 even with Schultz out.

Reactions: EightyOne

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Kapanen really isn't anything special. Matthews is just that good.

While obviously playing with an elite player is going to benefit a player's game, Kapanen is also capitalizing on those chances. His speed also adds to that line.

He's turned into a pretty reliable defensive player/PK player, too. This part surprised me the most. I figured he'd be a Sprong-like all-offense type prospect, but Kapanen's showing he can play in the NHL even if his offense never fully materializes.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
My buddy was having an argument with me that Lemieux was never a fast skater and I told him he was nuts, Lemieux didn't need to skate fast to blow by players when he could do it by dekeing them out of their hockey pants. Then I showed him this...

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Huge, lanky stride + most skill ever...that video is brutal!!!

Lemieux was literally the best player in ANY measure, in any position, at any time.

f***ing insane.

Reactions: ColePens

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
My buddy was having an argument with me that Lemieux was never a fast skater and I told him he was nuts, Lemieux didn't need to skate fast to blow by players when he could do it by dekeing them out of their hockey pants. Then I showed him this...

Well by acceleration standards, no Mario wasn't a fast skater.
But he took massive strides...most players would need 3 strides to get to a puck, he's taking 1.5. Just an amazing wingspan and the ability to change his passing/shooting angle is what made him almost impossible to handle

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Well by acceleration standards, no Mario wasn't a fast skater.
But he took massive strides...most players would need 3 strides to get to a puck, he's taking 1.5. Just an amazing wingspan and the ability to change his passing/shooting angle is what made him almost impossible to handle
He had the ability is what I was getting at. I remember seeing him live do that where a guy would be close and he would chase a loose puck and he'd take 2 powerful strides and then sort of coast in and he'd separate himself more than enough from a pretty decent skating defender too.

Mario didn't need to rely so much on physical tools like that because in a mental chess game he was already on the finishing checkmate move while most were trying to figure out which pawn to move first.

Reactions: EightyOne

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
3 things stick out watching the Oilers.. Lucic is not even an NHL player anymore, Pool party looks like a bust and McDavid is clearly the best player now.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Literally EVERY SINGLE Oilers goal has a point going to McDavid this season, EVERY GOAL! Wow...

Lol. It's like Be A Pro on EASports. Team ain't scoring shit unless your player is involved lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad