OT: Around the NHL - GAME 7s! LET'S GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
So... Kadri gets the Leafs outta PO & Eakins gets the Knights out too.

Damn! Good for chokers Leafs but bad for chokers Sharks in my book of hockey rooting opinions.

Meanwhile the ads below are getting dumb & dumber, behold the click baiting one titled "A Man Was Just Trying to Help, How Lioness Responded Will Amaze You." ...Notice i pasted their habit of using majuscules for each word as if they were life & death important...
the ads on the side that cover half the content, are the ones that bother me the most,:mad:

Reactions: BladeRunner66

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
the ads on the side that cover half the content, are the ones that bother me the most,:mad:
They all suck but to me i guess the worsts are those that adapt to your internet habits, like if you click one then some related shit will pop up because the algorithms think it has you covered with their customisation shit.

Meanwhile... (below) "Colorado Mom's Double Life Leaves here Family Destroyed"... huh. Why not "Colorado Hot Mom in Bikini's Triple Life Leaves Her Family Completely and Utterly Annihilated for Generations to Come" while you're at it? f*** that shit!

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
7ECBCCF1-E77C-4349-98D8-868696BB4932.jpeg
I caved and bought one of those “Bunch of Jerks” shirts and it came yesterday. Hoping it brings the Canes some luck tonight. :crossfing

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Reactions: FlightlessBird

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Typical Fleury. He wasnt really tested last year until SCF and they lost.

Should have packaged him and Letang years ago like I said.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I'm sure Vegas would have loved if we gave them Letang so they could pick Fleury.

Well the trade would have happened before that. So we would have moved them for really good compensation. Probably lost Rust to Vegas.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I have no problem with that being called a 5 and game. Dirty, deliberate and the type of thing that should be cleared up from the game. Vegas beat themselves.

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Well, it's a given this will become the official Craps can go to hell thread unless someone starts a Go Canes thread here (is that even within HFB rules?).
Most of these guys have the Craps winning but it would certainly not be the first time the Craps choke. Borderline dirty hits Ovenchicken deserves to lose just like the Wilson cheap shot head hunter shit head does.

I just hope the refs do a good job for once and don't go down sucking the dirty Cup winners just because they're entitled of sorts, being at home and all.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I have no problem with that being called a 5 and game. Dirty, deliberate and the type of thing that should be cleared up from the game.

They aren't going to remove cross-checks from the game with calls like that simply because the likelihood of someone getting injured badly enough to draw a call is very small. They should just do the obvious thing and follow their own rulebook - call all the cross-checks.

Typical Fleury. He wasnt really tested last year until SCF and they lost.

Fleury conspired with Letang to ruin your life too? Or you simply didn't watch Vegas last year?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Well, it's a given this will become the official Craps can go to hell thread unless someone starts a Go Canes thread here (is that even within HFB rules?).
Most of these guys have the Craps winning but it would certainly not be the first time the Craps choke. Borderline dirty hits Ovenchicken deserves to lose just like the Wilson cheap shot head hunter **** head does.

I just hope the refs do a good job for once and don't go down sucking the dirty Cup winners just because they're entitled of sorts, being at home and all.

You say that as if it is a bad thing.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
They aren't going to remove cross-checks from the game with calls like that simply because the likelihood of someone getting injured badly enough to draw a call is very small. They should just do the obvious thing and follow their own rulebook - call all the cross-checks.

Fleury conspired with Letang to ruin your life too? Or you simply didn't watch Vegas last year?

It was a simple interference/cross check two minute call that went all to hell. It happens in sports.

I complain the loudest that leagues from the NFL to the NHL and others do far too little to protect players, especially from CTE injuries. But in this case? It was a ridiculous call over the result rather than the actual action.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

I have a feeling that Ovi is gonna get called for some ticky tack stuff tonight (or Washington is). Refs protect their own and showing up a ref like that is gonna get you all sorts of grief from the brotherhood.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
It was a simple interference/cross check two minute call that went all to hell. It happens in sports.

I complain the loudest that leagues from the NFL to the NHL and others do far too little to protect players, especially from CTE injuries. But in this case? It was a ridiculous call over the result rather than the actual action.

Yea that's what I struggle with too: punch/jab a guy 3 times in the head during a scrum? That's good ole' time hockey!
Lift a players stick too high or hard? That's 2 mins for hooking

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I mean, we all agree that Pavelski totally got ****ed there, right? And that he suffers no long term effects?

Of course.

I am not sure how my comments conflict with the best wishes for him and a full recovery.

If you play professional sports you do risk serious injury. My problem is when leagues do nothing to minimize that risk, and in fact encourage long term health issues and death because it is more entertaining for the fans. So they do not make certain calls at certain times or will not make needed changes.

But even if they did all that I and others have been screaming for you can not make the sport injury free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad