Around the NHL - Episode XLXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I don't know that I'd call the Fleury trade "stunning". Vegas obviously needed the cap space and this was by far the easiest way to get major cap relief. The Athletic really tryna get those clicks.

Reactions: Beville

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I see he Fleury still makes $6 million this year in salary. Was there a bonus that's already paid, or is he just going to walk away from that? Pretty cool of him.

STUDtzle

Jun 1, 2021
Danault is a huge loss for MtL. Given their proclivities I'd think they're probably gunning for Virtanen atm

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Lol Ron Francis really messed up the expansion draft for Seattle

- Drafted Vanecek over Dillon, then Dillon is traded to WPG for two 2nds and he trades Vanecek back to Washington for one 2nd

- Drafted Quenneville (UFA with zero value) over Zadorov, who got a 3rd from Calgary

- Took Bayreuther (UFA with zero value) over Stenlund, and Bayreuther just re-signed back in Columbus

Bunch of other stupid choices but those 3 stand out as just a pure waste of assets.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Don’t really understand Danault for them. Byfield and Turcotte in the pipeline and now it’s even more crowded with Kopitar and Danault.
Turcotte isn't very good. Give it a couple years and LA fans are treating him like Ottawa fans are treating Logan Brown.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Don’t really understand Danault for them. Byfield and Turcotte in the pipeline and now it’s even more crowded with Kopitar and Danault.
You can never have too much centre depth. Byfeild is only 18 so they can take their time developing him in the AHL and third line of need be, Turcotte can shift over to the wing.

Kopitar and Danault will be tough to match up against for 60 minutes. Their defence is impeccable.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Updating the list of evidence for Bill Armstrong being the best GM in the league

Out:
OEL, Garland, Hill, Stepan, Kuemper

In:
Timmins, Kolyachonok, VAN 2021 1st (Guenther), 3 2021 2nds (Doan, Fedotov, Moser), COL 2022 1st, 4 more 2nd round picks from various teams, Gostisbehere, Ladd, Stralman, Beagle, Roussel and Eriksson

Absolutely insane.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Updating the list of evidence for Bill Armstrong being the best GM in the league

Out:
OEL, Garland, Hill, Stepan, Kuemper

In:
Timmins, Kolyachonok, VAN 2021 1st (Guenther), 3 2021 2nds (Doan, Fedotov, Moser), COL 2022 1st, 4 more 2nd round picks from various teams, Gostisbehere, Ladd, Stralman, Beagle, Roussel and Eriksson

Absolutely insane.
He’s done an incredible job adding assets and making up for what Chayka had cost them. Wish we had been willing to spend to collect like this the way they have, though I think they have a couple really tough years ahead after so many years of mediocrity.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

FOR SALE

hockey-nhl-ott-wpg-.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad