Around the NHL - Episode XLXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Vegas putting their faith in this guy is something

Robin has a point.

How many players who don't have a a lot of clout or experience, would step forward and talk to the team about their mental health, if they know they'll be looked at as damaged goods? No one wants to put themselves at a disadvantage by asking for help.

Reactions: Beville

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com

I support Robin 110%, personally I have been affected by his condition in many ways and so have many of my family and friends.

We need to bring attention to the issue and offer more support to those effected by it and the families also.

Robin, due to his professional athlete status is able to bring a lot more attention to these conditions then most people with the same problems could ever wish for.

Our beloved Alfie was a strong advocate for the Royal Hospital as his sister's condition motivated him to be advocate for the cause and is still to this day.

I am very appreciative of athletes who use their fame and success to support social, mental, physical medical issues.

We all need to understand that these issues effect is all directly or indirectly.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
They aren't that bad, but would you really want to be working with someone like that when you could find someone just as good with less baggage?

A professional sports team already has a lot of media attention, they would rather hire someone with less propension to attract (negative) attention. Simple as that

For instance, I wouldnt want some kid that liked a bunch of anti-vax tweets to get into medical school to then become a doctor and perpetuate falsehoods and myths that have cost the government millions in research to disprove and even more in healthcare due to vaccine hesitation.

All these "anti" campaigns and global misinformation will have had incommensurable impact, not just financially, but all the"additional" deaths and health problems, as well as all the collateral problems. It just allows the virus to be stronger, bigger and superspread longer, it delays any possible "normality" in dealing with this. If people could just shut up and do what needs to be done, life would be much easier.

Last edited:

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Spoiler: it was nothing

nothing.png

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Great to see these are still taboo and getting people shit canned.

Political views are not a legally protected class, so any company is free to not hire someone because of their expressed views.

At the end of the day, an organization can choose to not extend an offer for a multitude reasons. You could not be hired because you showed up to an interview sloppily dressed, or because you had a bad breakup with the hiring manager's sister, for example.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Political views are not a legally protected class, so any company is free to not hire someone because of their expressed views.

At the end of the day, an organization can choose to not extend an offer for a multitude reasons. You could not be hired because you showed up to an interview sloppily dressed, for example.
For sure and competition for employment is as fierce as ever, so a lot of people will have to fall in line or lose out.

No issue with different political views based in reality, just not what we saw from the last regime.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
The internet has been around for almost 30 years now. People need to learn that content stays forever. They have been warning kids about content on Facebook for years now.

Some of the Jan. 6 people were caught thanks to their our posts and tweets.

People need to be smart enough to not be too public. A guy whose job is in the public domain, and was hoping to be with the Leafs, Canada's most public entity. What was he thinking?

He has a right his views. He better understand, people have a right to object. No one is denying him his rights to those views, or to put them out in public. People have the right to reject him based upon that. Fans could boycott the Marlies and the Leafs. Sponsors can boycott as well.

Lesson to everyone. The beauty of having rights, everyone has them. Not just you.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Some crazy money being handed out. Morgan Reilly must be licking his chops looking at an 8.5-9M contract next summer. Chabot is no longer overpaid.

Last edited:

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
How is that ridiculous?

Twitter is not good for people’s mental health in general. It’s clearly not good for him IMO. He needs to get off, it’s a recipe for disaster and a huge distraction.

You know how many people he is helping by speaking his truth? How do you know what works for him? Judging by his on ice play, he is clearly in a better frame of mind now then when he was in Ottawa.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
You know how many people he is helping by speaking his truth? How do you know what works for him? Judging by his on ice play, he is clearly in a better frame of mind now then when he was in Ottawa.

I don’t think that’s clear but We’ll agree to disagree, I don’t think it’s a good thing for him to be on there especially given some of his recent tweets. If I were Vegas I’d watch it carefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad