Around the NHL - Episode XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So.. I'm trying to cheer for Edmonton right (and ottawa, but I live in edmonton now)

They just picked up Turris so I was excited to have my boy back. But the team sticks him at 3C and gives him no support just plays with a bunch of scrubs.

Im trying to convince people over on the edmonton board that Turris needs to play with skilled players, that he was peaking when we traded him from Ottawa and had 9 points in 11 games playing with Stone, Hoffman and Karlsson. ETC.,

I think he would thrive up there in Edmonton's top6 playing on the wing with one of Mcdavid or Draisaitl.

Edmonton fans are ready to send Turris packing already like they did with Strome (whoooooops)

Did something happen to Turris that I dont know about? Or do you guys agree with me and think if he was given the proper oppurtunity in the top6 and PP that he could re-ignite that fire he had while he was here?
He was brought in to be a 3C. Had a decent start after the trade to Nashville and fell off a cliff; He can probably be ok in a 3C role but he probably lacks some grit to be everything you want there

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
lol @ Turris... he must love Duchene this guy just followed him around and ruined his life... twice

Just as things started looking up for Kyle Turris, the Predators signed Matt Duchene and suddenly Turris’s spot in the lineup was uncertain. Surely he was going to play somewhere, but on what line? Where would he go? Rumors even floated that he could shift into a winger role this season.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I've been watching a lot of Columbus this year and they have a nice hockey team there. Foudy, Robinson, and Texier are fun to watch and Laine will thrive in that division.
Yeah Texier is pretty good. I’m not sure I see Laine fitting in there too well but who knows. Good luck to them.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Just saw the regular season is scheduled to concluded in like mid May....Jesus christ. When are they planning to hand the cup out, August?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sam Bennett asks for a trade

Rumor has Victor Mete wanting a move as well

Dubois, Laine and Roslovic wanted moves as well. This has always happened but I think it was more kept behind closed doors before (unless you're Dany Healtey)

TVA Louis Jean spoke to several agents and says this is a tendency we will see more often going forward. Makes sense because players are also here to make money and they want to be put in a good situation that will get them the best contract possible

How long before Logan Brown and/or Erik Brannstrom ask for a trade?

over/under 4 weeks?

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018

Dubois, Laine and Roslovic wanted moves as well. This has always happened but I think it was more kept behind closed doors before (unless you're Dany Healtey)

TVA Louis Jean spoke to several agents and says this is a tendency we will see more often going forward. Makes sense because players are also here to make money and they want to be put in a good situation that will get them the best contract possible

over/under 4 weeks?
Tkachuk

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017

over/under 4 weeks?
Don’t think anyone cares if Brown does. He’s not worth anything in a trade. No chance brannstrom does

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Certainly more than Brown in bennetts case

Brown 2 years younger, didn't have the opportunity to play in the NHL regularly yet (DJ Dorion), 29 GP, 0.31 PPG, over PPG in AHL last year, displays high end skill and playmaking/vision

Bennett 370 GP, 0.35 PPG, ~14 mins per game, 2.55 per then RFA (Q.O.), 13 pts in his last 58 GP

I think GMs would pay more for Brown than Bennett. Personally, I hope Dorion doesn't get him. But it wouldn't surprise me

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Brown 2 years younger, didn't have the opportunity to play in the NHL regularly yet (DJ Dorion), 29 GP, 0.31 PPG, over PPG in AHL last year, displays high end skill and playmaking/vision

Bennett 370 GP, 0.35 PPG, ~14 mins per game, 2.55 per then RFA (Q.O.), 13 pts in his last 58 GP

I think GMs would pay more for Brown than Bennett. Personally, I hope Dorion doesn't get him. But it wouldn't surprise me
I don’t want him either, unless it’s something cheap.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018

Doubtful, but I don’t think teams are going to give up a lot for Bennett

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Doubtful, but I don’t think teams are going to give up a lot for Bennett

Wait... I know Dorion has a very special skill of devaluing his assets but do people think he is worth a 7th round pick or something? :laugh:

Last time Logan Brown played a pro game, he was still 21 y/o and he was dominating the AHL.

Personally, if I was a NHL GM I'd be in regular contact with Dorion. Time to pry Brown out of his hands.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Wait... I know Dorion has a very special skill of devaluing his assets but do people think he is worth a 7th round pick or something? :laugh:

Last time Logan Brown played a pro game, he was still 21 y/o and he was dominating the AHL.

Personally, if I was a NHL GM I'd be in regular contact with Dorion. Time to pry Brown out of his hands.
I don’t think Brown is worth a 7th, I just think Bennett will garner more interest. He’s a proven NHL player. Brown is still a bit of a project at this point.

I also don’t think teams are calling Ottawa for Brown because I don’t think he’s available. Why would Ottawa take a 2nd round pick for this kid unless they’ve really soured on him which I don’t think they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00