Around the NHL - Episode XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Miller's physical tools are Brent Burns-level. Huge, fantastic skater, heavy shot, good hands.

I'm definitely not sold on his hockey IQ, having seen some of the terrible mistakes he's made at lower levels, but he's very raw having not played D for many years (was a forward for most of his minor hockey career).

Smart high-upside pick by the Rangers in the late 1st.

Reactions: cudi

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Im glad its not health related. Strange none the less tho

Last edited:

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Miller's physical tools are Brent Burns-level. Huge, fantastic skater, heavy shot, good hands.

I'm definitely not sold on his hockey IQ, having seen some of the terrible mistakes he's made at lower levels, but he's very raw having not played D for many years (was a forward for most of his minor hockey career).

Smart high-upside pick by the Rangers in the late 1st.

His progression has impressed the hell out of me. I for sure thought he would need a year or 2 in the AHL.

Kid definitely looks good out there

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I'm convinced that aliens kidnapped the real Rutherford and replaced him with a doppelganger after the Pens 2017 cup win.

Before that he made a lot of smart moves(Kessel, Bonino,Shultz trades) that helped the Pens win back-to-back cups but after that he made a lot of questionable decisions.

Reactions: Deku

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
argh, Rutherford retiring means a competent GM might come to Pittsburgh and they won't be getting fleeced! Crosby and Malkin might carry the Pens to one more cup during their reign

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Duclair looks good in Florida. He’s look good in our lineup...

Habs big guys can play hockey while ours practice fighting during morning skates. Unbelievable.

Reactions: DrEasy

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Leaderboard update

Anthony Mantha -10
Mike Reilly-8
Eric Karlsson-8
Kyle Turris -8
Eric Gudbranson-8
Ian Mitchell -8
Vlad Namestnikov-8

Anyone see a common thread here.

Reactions: Chabot84

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
So.. I'm trying to cheer for Edmonton right (and ottawa, but I live in edmonton now)

They just picked up Turris so I was excited to have my boy back. But the team sticks him at 3C and gives him no support just plays with a bunch of scrubs.

Im trying to convince people over on the edmonton board that Turris needs to play with skilled players, that he was peaking when we traded him from Ottawa and had 9 points in 11 games playing with Stone, Hoffman and Karlsson. ETC.,

I think he would thrive up there in Edmonton's top6 playing on the wing with one of Mcdavid or Draisaitl.

Edmonton fans are ready to send Turris packing already like they did with Strome (whoooooops)

Did something happen to Turris that I dont know about? Or do you guys agree with me and think if he was given the proper oppurtunity in the top6 and PP that he could re-ignite that fire he had while he was here?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So.. I'm trying to cheer for Edmonton right (and ottawa, but I live in edmonton now)

They just picked up Turris so I was excited to have my boy back. But the team sticks him at 3C and gives him no support just plays with a bunch of scrubs.

Im trying to convince people over on the edmonton board that Turris needs to play with skilled players, that he was peaking when we traded him from Ottawa and had 9 points in 11 games playing with Stone, Hoffman and Karlsson. ETC.,

I think he would thrive up there in Edmonton's top6 playing on the wing with one of Mcdavid or Draisaitl.

Edmonton fans are ready to send Turris packing already like they did with Strome (whoooooops)

Did something happen to Turris that I dont know about? Or do you guys agree with me and think if he was given the proper oppurtunity in the top6 and PP that he could re-ignite that fire he had while he was here?
He’s sucked for better part of the past 3 years, that’s nothing new.

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
That Texier goal may be the cleanest shootout move I’ve seen in years

I've been watching a lot of Columbus this year and they have a nice hockey team there. Foudy, Robinson, and Texier are fun to watch and Laine will thrive in that division.

Reactions: Icelevel

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020

He has a lot of miles on him for a guy who's always had a very slight frame. One thing i loved bout him was the fact he didn't shy away despite being a smaller dude (not talking height)

I think he's just on a quick decline tbh. Id love to see him have a bounce back, but it's unlikely imo

Reactions: DrEasy and Icelevel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad