Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Pageau scores, 26 goals
Hoffman scores, 26 goals
Zibanejad scores, 30 goals

Get those bums out of here!

Build through the draft ;)

When you've moved everyone else that had any kind of special talent ... the last guy should be a very minor issue

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
abysmal return.
It just doesn’t stop being unbelievable. Sorry people but I can’t understand it. I mean we downgraded our pick too. Added a 5th and got a 6th.
We should be getting explanations for the terrible trades. They’re not just understandable mistakes they’re obvious displays of complete incompetence.

A 35 goal scorer for a healthy scratch and a downgrade on a draft pick. And no explanation? What a coward we have for a gm.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
It just doesn’t stop being unbelievable. Sorry people but I can’t understand it. I mean we downgraded our pick too. Added a 5th and got a 6th.
We should be getting explanations for the terrible trades. They’re not just understandable mistakes they’re obvious displays of complete incompetence.

A 35 goal scorer for a healthy scratch and a downgrade on a draft pick. And no explanation? What a coward we have for a gm.
What do you mean no explanation? He had zero value and had no chance of he and his wife being welcomed back. I don’t know how people don’t understand this. Also He’s a good goal scorer but I bet the panthers won’t even be trying to bring him back. He’s going to sign a regrettable contract in free agency similar to jeff skinner.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
What do you mean no explanation? He had zero value and had no chance of he and his wife being welcomed back. I don’t know how people don’t understand this. Also He’s a good goal scorer but I bet the panthers won’t even be trying to bring him back. He’s going to sign a regrettable contract in free agency similar to jeff skinner.
Obviously not true as he was traded for a 2nd, 4th and 5th an hour after we traded him.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Obviously not true as he was traded for a 2nd, 4th and 5th an hour after we traded him.

Cmon. You know what I meant. That’s still not good value for a guy who can score 30, and people would still complain even if we got that return. His value was in the dumps, let’s just put it that way. We were screwed regardless, he was never coming back and every team knew it.

Reactions: Larionov

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Cmon. You know what I meant. That’s still not good value for a guy who can score 30, and people would still complain even if we got that return. His value was in the dumps, let’s just put it that way. We were screwed regardless, he was never coming back and every team knew it.
Definitely not a good return on Hoffman pre accusations. Definitely a much, much better return than a cap dump we don’t want to play and dropping back a round.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Zibanejad is on pace for over 100P. Won't hit the mark due to missing some time due to injury, but my god has he ever developed into an incredible player. Making the scouting staff look like geniuses for taking him 6th in 2011.

Zibanejad + 2nd for Brassard could go down as one of the most one-sided trades ever.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Zibanejad is on pace for over 100P. Won't hit the mark due to missing some time due to injury, but my god has he ever developed into an incredible player. Making the scouting staff look like geniuses for taking him 6th in 2011.

Zibanejad + 2nd for Brassard could go down as one of the most one-sided trades ever.
Great player but obviously riding an unsustainable shooting percentage at nearly 17.5%. He’s a steal on his contract though.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I remember seeing that Zibby had scored 30 goals in 50 f***ing games lol.

When was the last time an Ottawa Senator did that

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Panthers really screwing the pooch down the stretch. Four losses in a row and quickly running out of runway to catch the Leafs or a wildcard spot. Their only hope if for Carolina and NYR to also keep losing and for Columbus to continue their freefall.

The Flyers on the other hand are on the verge of snatching 1st in the Metro from the Caps. Who coulda seen THAT coming?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
So underrated with the numbers he puts up. His UFA summer too, should be interesting.

Bigger loss than some of the other guys we've made a big deal over, especially getting nothing useful in return.

So then why was it rumoured that Florida was going to move him at the TDL?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Minny got laughed at in the Granlund-Fiala deal last year, Fiala has been insane the past month. 20 points his last 13 games

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So then why was it rumoured that Florida was going to move him at the TDL?

Likely has more to do with being a UFA than anything.
Why don't you enlighten us all with why Florida was trying to move him. Any other data you can add to the discussion to indicate why he wasn't might be good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad