Around the NHL - Episode XLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
Draisaitl....

how are you feeling if you are Florida and Buffalo?

Imagine a Draisaitl/Eichel combo. Or a Draisaitl/Huberdeau or a Draisaitle/Barkov ?

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Draisaitl....

how are you feeling if you are Florida and Buffalo?

Imagine a Draisaitl/Eichel combo. Or a Draisaitl/Huberdeau or a Draisaitle/Barkov ?

More reason for me to not want the Sens to have the 2nd overall pick as there is no clear cut 2nd past after Lafreniere. Once that second player gets picked, it will make it easier to choose #3, but right now I would hate to be the team that has to choose between Byfield, Stutzle or Raymond (or someone else?) once Lafreniere gets picked.

I would love to go back and read the player rankings from 2014 and find out why Ekblad and Reinhart were ranked ahead of Draisaitl.

Very rarely does the 3rd overall pick end up better than the 1st let alone the best player in the entire draft.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
More reason for me to not want the Sens to have the 2nd overall pick as there is no clear cut 2nd past after Lafreniere. Once that second player gets picked, it will make it easier to choose #3, but right now I would hate to be the team that has to choose between Byfield, Stutzle or Raymond (or someone else?) once Lafreniere gets picked.

I would love to go back and read the player rankings from 2014 and find out why Ekblad and Reinhart were ranked ahead of Draisaitl.

Very rarely does the 3rd overall pick end up better than the 1st let alone the best player in the entire draft.
Won't be as hard for the Sens if they get to draft 2nd and 3rd overall

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Both MacKenzie and Button had Bennett ahead of Draisaitl, as did McKeens, and Future considerations. Draisaitl wasn't even a consensus at 3rd. ISS had Bennett, Nylander and Dal Colle ahead of Drai...

I think it's safe to say nobody saw this coming.

Reactions: TheDebater

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
Both MacKenzie and Button had Bennett ahead of Draisaitl, as did McKeens, and Future considerations. Draisaitl wasn't even a consensus at 3rd. ISS had Bennett, Nylander and Dal Colle ahead of Drai...

That actually makes me feel better. Dumb luck is better than dumb

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Apparentely one of the owners of Florida have tweet ( I don t know why I m invest in this team ) Would be cool if Quebec buy the team

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

The draft is always a crap shoot.
Erik Karlsson went 15th in the 2008 draft. Stamkos and Doughty went 1 and 2. Zdeno Chara went 56th overall in 1996 draft and Chris Phillips went first. Chara was the best player in that draft.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

Yeah, I remember him being a bit of a surprise selection with Bennett still on the board.

It's just the way the draft goes. If fans look at every draft pick, and sub in the best available player, they will go nuts very quickly. We took Tkachuk 4th, he's looking pretty solid. Quinn Hughes is looking like a legit superstar and was on the board. I know Hughes is more valuable than Tkachuk (as of now), but I am fine with the Tkachuk pick because I don't think it is realistic to expect your own team to always hit the best player with every pick. As long as something reasonable comes out of a high pick, it's fine.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Apparentely one of the owners of Florida have tweet ( I don t know why I m invest in this team ) Would be cool if Quebec buy the team

Funny how it isn't mentioned at all on the Florida board where it would probably be rather significant news. Post a link to prove this happened.

Reactions: BondraTime

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Well, Trochet is not having a good year and yes they were looking to move him because of it
Apparently the owner in Florida wants to drop payroll 10M by next season.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Apparently the owner in Florida wants to drop payroll 10M by next season.

No offense but you always seem to throw out rumours and then claim the source was something you watched and we have no way of actually finding it.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
No offense but you always seem to throw out rumours and then claim the source was something you watched and we have no way of actually finding it.
This was from one of the insiders on TSN 1200 over the last few days. I can’t remember which one.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Sorry just checked it was Chris Johnston on Sportsnet.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Pageau taking the Sens Tank karma to the Islanders. Down 3-0 to the Habs and have dropped 3 straight. JGP helping to get the boys a 3rd lottery pick!

Reactions: Gesus

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Geez, it seems like every team on the bubble is trying really hard not to make the playoffs.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Pageau taking the Sens Tank karma to the Islanders. Down 3-0 to the Habs and have dropped 3 straight. JGP helping to get the boys a 3rd lottery pick!

Wow, Pageau ended the night a -5 against the Habs. What the hell man, did he lose his Habs slaying powers after the trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad