Around The NHL Discussion 2019/20 - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I didn’t think Dallas had a a chance against Colorado or Vegas either, but with Tampa likely coming out of the East I just can’t see how Dallas handles the four line onslaught that the Bolts bring. I think Tampa takes their series tomorrow night and handles Dallas in five.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I didn’t think Dallas had a a chance against Colorado or Vegas either, but with Tampa likely coming out of the East I just can’t see how Dallas handles the four line onslaught that the Bolts bring. I think Tampa takes their series tomorrow night and handles Dallas in five.
I hope so too, but more because I want this over so we can get on with the draft and free agency.

Reactions: Spear and BlueDream

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Surprised since they weren’t playing well at break and looked bad in prelim round, but on the other hand not surprised. They gave us so much trouble last year. Colorado is flashier but Stars have always been built more for playoffs than Avs.
Agreed. They are built more like us, from the defense out.

Reactions: Blueston

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Don't mind any team that is left.

But I still haven't watched a game since the 2nd awakening. I guess now Reavo can get back to brewing beer.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Vegas and Colorado were so big and loud on how they were going to win the cup. Now the fan base of the team who were the quietest (most quiet? English is hard) is going to the finals. Lol

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Nothing pleases me more than watching Peter DeBoer whine and moan and make excuses for why his team got choked. I still think firing Gallant to hire him is going to go down as a horrible decision.

And on that note, although I figured they’d be a tough out and might win a round or two I’m still a bit shocked Dallas made the finals.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Tampa hasn't done much throughout the season + out of the stoppage to dissuade me from thinking they're the best team in the league again this year. Hopefully they roll Dallas.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Good on Dallas. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them smother the Lightning and prevail over 7-games; even if they're blown out in a couple of games along the way. (Similar to last year's Final)
That defense is great. Heiskanen, Klingberg & Lindell are as good of a 1-3 as there is in the league...and adding Thomas Harley to that group next year is borderline unfair. I'm pulling for Dallas, as the fawning over the Lightning the past few seasons has been plethoric.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I flip the Tampa game on in 2OT. The wife complains about hockey being on after the Blues are eliminated. I say Maroon is one goal away from another Cup final. The wife says, ya but there’s Shattenkirk. Poof Shattenkirk geeks a shot that leads to the winning goal for NYI.

Anyone need anything else cursed???

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
I flip the Tampa game on in 2OT. The wife complains about hockey being on after the Blues are eliminated. I say Maroon is one goal away from another Cup final. The wife says, ya but there’s Shattenkirk. Poof Shattenkirk geeks a shot that leads to the winning goal for NYI.

Anyone need anything else cursed???
All Chicago sports permanently if that’s not too much to ask.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
That will finalize Blues to bottom of central div. End of erä

At last we get Cup.

Fire Army and Bill can ne our new GM
Well, I'm not ready to go there now, losing him would be a huge loss, but depending on who fills the AGM and Director of scouting roles could be as good, or better perhaps. That remains to be seen.

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
Can someone enlighten me on the MoJo for Eric Staal trade...I get why Buffalo would plug their hole at 2C with Staal, sure, but why would Minny go for a year of Marcus Johanssen when everyone on planet earth knows they need a retool?

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Can someone enlighten me on the MoJo for Eric Staal trade...I get why Buffalo would plug their hole at 2C with Staal, sure, but why would Minny go for a year of Marcus Johanssen when everyone on planet earth knows they need a retool?
Maybe they are hurting financially or wanting to go with a youth movement soon. No clue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad