Around The NHL Discussion 2019/20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Makes me wonder if he was busted by the front office for either coaching or running a practice while drunk. I'm pretty sure firing someone just for being an alcoholic, without some other underlying incident affecting their work, is against the law.
When they fired him they referred to an incident and that it didn't involve other Stars employees and mentioned not saying more out of respoect for his family. Judging by his apology and reading between the lines of their statements and his, it kinda sounds like he got fired for something sexual that maybe happened while he was drunk. This is a guess and I don't have any specific knowledge, but none of this makes sense if there wasn't something specific that happened that he and family wouldn't want details of to get out.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
When they fired him they referred to an incident and that it didn't involve other Stars employees and mentioned not saying more out of respoect for his family. Judging by his apology and reading between the lines of their statements and his, it kinda sounds like he got fired for something sexual that maybe happened while he was drunk. This is a guess and I don't have any specific knowledge, but none of this makes sense if there wasn't something specific that happened that he and family wouldn't want details of to get out.

I think it's much more likely that his drinking was affecting his performance as a coach, as someone said on the previous page. Maybe he missed a practice or team meeting because he was hungover, or showed up under the influence. Alcoholism is a pretty personal problem in its own right, so I can see why they wouldn't want to go public with that unless they absolutely had to. It's really none of the public's business.

CuJoBin

Apr 4, 2013
pooldeluxe.co

Or maybe he was just drunk. Speculating anything else is just bad for everyone.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Sharks is humour team. :laugh:

Crazy meltdown.

52b4e3c834432.jpeg

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
That OT goal is an 18-19 Jake Allen special. On one hand you’ll probably have some apologists(if Jake still has apologists I’m sure Jones does too) say that it was a 2 on 1 and it’s not the goalie’s fault, but look where he is when that shot is taken. He has like 3/4 of the net to shoot at.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Nashville Predators fire coach Peter Laviolette

So long Laviolette. Need to get rid of Poile too.
I guess a lot can change in a few days. There was a thread on the Trade Forum that referenced an article from Thursday in which Poile was quoted in an interview as stating that he's not even considering changing the coach. I guess that was the dreaded Vote Of "Confidence".

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Nice. Love seeing them in free fall.

As much as I don’t like the guy, I think DeBoer is the only one that could replace Lavy’s success. Curious to see if Nashville looks at that.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Nashville fans getting their "Mike Yeo is finally, mercifully gone!!!!" day. I'm happy for them. It's a great feeling when that happens.

Peeeeeter, Peeeter, it’s all your fault! It’s all your fault!

Except Laviolette is not Mike Yeo. He’s a good coach, but it seems that he’s like most coaches in that he eventually gets tuned out.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I guess a lot can change in a few days. There was a thread on the Trade Forum that referenced an article from Thursday in which Poile was quoted in an interview as stating that he's not even considering changing the coach. I guess that was the dreaded Vote Of "Confidence".
People read too much into that. He was saying that he didn’t want to fire him and wasn’t going to do it at that moment. Was pretty clear he was thinking about it and trying to talk himself out of it since he didn’t want to do it.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ

Can anyone explain goalie interference? This was ruled as incidental contact

According to the league, as of last year at least, there are two situations where a goal can be disallowed due to goaltender interference.

The first is when an attacking player prevents a goalie from being able to move freely within his crease. That's not applicable here because the goalie is not within his crease.

The second is when an attacking player intentionally makes contact with the goalie. I don't think that applies to the goal in question, either. The attacking skater is doing a fly-by on the goalie, and is positioned to skate past him well to the inside at the moment when the goalie moves the puck. The goalie backs into the attacking skater's path at the last instant, and the attacking skater further attempts to avoid a collision (lifting his leg to step over the goalie's skate, and avoiding leaning into the goalie). I don't see any intent to cause a collision on the attacking skater's part.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Peeeeeter, Peeeter, it’s all your fault! It’s all your fault!

Except Laviolette is not Mike Yeo. He’s a good coach, but it seems that he’s like most coaches in that he eventually gets tuned out.

Laviolette one hundred percent has a hard shelf life. Not dissimilar to Hitchcock.

Also I think Pete Blackburn summed this up well...

My lord

Reactions: Dbrownss

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
We are lucky to watch CM97 grow up. That cutback was so fast, it looked fake. If I were Rielly. I'd just laugh as I skated off the ice. Very few players can make the opposing team clap for the goal

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Nashville Predators 2019-2020 Coaching Change Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad