Around The NHL Discussion 2019/20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
People around hockey seem to swear by Hynes. His record in New Jersey was not good, obviously.

Listening to local Nashville radio here and there since the news broke. The word for the last 24 hours on the airwaves is “Berube”.

We’ll see.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
In Hynes' defense, he did well in 17/18, and those Devils teams had a big lack of talent at all ends of the ice.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Holy hell...the Lightning are back in a big way. They punctuated an 8-game winning streak by dropping a 9-spot on the Canucks. Somebody named Carter Verhaeghe is scoring hat-tricks for them now. They, like the Penguins, have a knack for finding productive forwards.

Avs lost in regulation again. This time to a rookie in nets for the Rangers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Holy hell...the Lightning are back in a big way. They punctuated an 8-game winning streak by dropping a 9-spot on the Canucks. Somebody named Carter Verhaeghe is scoring hat-tricks for them now. They, like the Penguins, have a knack for finding productive forwards.

Avs lost in regulation again. This time to a rookie in nets for the Rangers.

Carter Verhaegue lead the AHL in scoring last year, without having watched the game I think it likely he's finally earned a chance to move up in Tampa's lineup. In any case, Verhaegue scored at 5v5, 4v5 and 5v4 for the hatty. Kid is getting special teams time.

They also have Barre-Boulet in the minors, an undrafted undersized forward who posted 116p in 65 QMJHL games in 17-18, 68p in 74 AHL games as a 21 year old rookie in 18-19 and has 31p in 33 AHL games this year earning him an AHL all-star game spot.

Tampa seems to have a knack for finding talent overlooked by other teams or in polishing off reclamation projects.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
And Lias Andersson has officially gone back to Sweden after being suspended by his own team.

From what's being reported, I don't want the Blues to have anything to do with him. The guy sounds like he has a very entitled outlook on himself. He doesn't sound as bad as Evander Kane, but he definitely leans in that direction.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
And Lias Andersson has officially gone back to Sweden after being suspended by his own team.

From what's being reported, I don't want the Blues to have anything to do with him. The guy sounds like he has a very entitled outlook on himself. He doesn't sound as bad as Evander Kane, but he definitely leans in that direction.
I don't really have an interest based on his talent level. His behaviour is questionable enough, but I'm pretty sure the Rangers have a history of making promises to young players and then not keeping them. Whether it is giving them a roster spot or, in the case of Tarasenko, that they'd draft him if he was still on the board.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I don't really have an interest based on his talent level. His behaviour is questionable enough, but I'm pretty sure the Rangers have a history of making promises to young players and then not keeping them. Whether it is giving them a roster spot or, in the case of Tarasenko, that they'd draft him if he was still on the board.
Is there a single reason to be interested in this guy if you ignore his draft pedigree? I’m not aware of one.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Calgary just signed Rasmus Anderson to 6 year extension at $4.55mm per. He seems a heckuva lot like Vince Dunn in many ways. Not loving that comp as Blues fan.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Calgary just signed Rasmus Anderson to 6 year extension at $4.55mm per. He seems a heckuva lot like Vince Dunn in many ways. Not loving that comp as Blues fan.
I know I'm quoting myself, but RA and VD were born 2 days apart, picked 3 picks apart, are 1" different, have respectively 12 and 13 points this year and 52.9 and 53.0 corsi this year. They are eerily similar in many ways.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I know I'm quoting myself, but RA and VD were born 2 days apart, picked 3 picks apart, are 1" different, have respectively 12 and 13 points this year and 52.9 and 53.0 corsi this year. They are eerily similar in many ways.

Dunn will get a similar deal when Steen is off the books after next year. Army is killer at negotiations with RFA’s, so he will get bridged for a year or two.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I suspect that Dunn will get the Labanc treatment this offseason. A one year bridge at about $1.25M, give or take, with the promise of a full price extension after 1/1/21 once Steen, Allen and/or Bozak are off the books.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
It's a dream of mine to see Brady or Matthew playing in STL alongside Robert Thomas. Blues couldn't afford to pay the price Ottawa or Calgary would want, so it would have to be as a UFA-situation. Maybe someday.
tenor.gif

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada

I thought the Girard 5m for 7 years Colorado gave was probably going to be the benchmark. Offensive PMD without much of a physical edge, clearly not the #1 D, but with the potential to be a 2-4 guy who you want to lock up at a reasonable rate.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
On today’s episode of The NHL Point System Is Absolute Garbage we look at the Atlantic Division where the Bruins show us that a 25-19 record is actually better than a 25-17 one. You just have to lose at the correct time.

Reactions: Driveshaft
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad