Around The NHL Discussion 2019/20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Seems like a 4-horse race for the Norris, with Carlson the clear front-runner. Curious to see who will be the other two finalists, because somebody deserving is going to get left out between Hamilton, Pietrangelo and Josi.

Personally I'd leave Josi out of those four, as he's killing it statistically but his team is floundering. I'm afraid Petro will be left out just due to the gaudy offensive figures of the others, but he seems to be pretty much universally recognized as a top-5 D-man these days with Hedman, and has been getting a lot of love by the media.

Last edited:

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
That **** has to be truly demoralizing. To be so talented but your team is ran by a clownshoe. Maybe.....he'll lose his love for the game :sarcasm:

Honestly though lmao. Sounds so frustrating for him, and their fans. I remember them being in shambles after not getting McJesus, so I’m glad he’s working out very well for them.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Honestly though lmao. Sounds so frustrating for him, and their fans. I remember them being in shambles after not getting McJesus, so I’m glad he’s working out very well for them.
I didn't hang around that fanbase when that happened but I'd be pissed if I were Eichel. Given he signed a long term deal, I doubt he let it bother him.

After the gloating over the Orielly trade. I dont feel too much pitty. Sure there were some that hated the trade, but most thought "OMG!!!!! 5 pieces!!!!!". That moron beat writer really took it too far.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I just looked at Jimmy Vesey's stat line for the year. He has five goals and eight assists in 41 games. He isn't exactly tearing it up.

I expect the Rangers and Buffalo overpaid big time for the guy.

Looking for a bargain? MacKenzie MacEachern has six goals for the Blues so far, playing on the 4th line, and no power play time. And he was a third round draft choice.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I just looked at Jimmy Vesey's stat line for the year. He has five goals and eight assists in 41 games. He isn't exactly tearing it up.

I expect the Rangers and Buffalo overpaid big time for the guy.

Looking for a bargain? MacKenzie MacEachern has six goals for the Blues so far, playing on the 4th line, and no power play time. And he was a third round draft choice.
The rangers originally signed him to an ELC, so he’s hardly overpaid in that regard. And buffalo took a chance by giving up a third but again it’s really not that much.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Battle of Alberta is getting pretty steamy late in the second. Tkachuk hit Kassian hard for the second time tonight and Kassian just lost his shit. Grabbed Tkachuk by the horsecollar and threw him to the ice twice and repeatedly punched him while he was down. Probably going to be suspended for that one. Third period should be interesting, especially since Kassian wasn't ejected.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Battle of Alberta is getting pretty steamy late in the second. Tkachuk hit Kassian hard for the second time tonight and Kassian just lost his ****. Grabbed Tkachuk by the horsecollar and threw him to the ice twice and repeatedly punched him while he was down. Probably going to be suspended for that one. Third period should be interesting, especially since Kassian wasn't ejected.
Was Tkachuk hurt?

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Was Tkachuk hurt?
Didn’t look like it.

it’s scary these days with players trying to draw penalties and not defending themselves. One of these times somebody is going to get hurt by being so passive. I love the whole play by kyachuck but at some point you have to do a better job to protect yourself...

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Battle of Alberta is getting pretty steamy late in the second. Tkachuk hit Kassian hard for the second time tonight and Kassian just lost his ****. Grabbed Tkachuk by the horsecollar and threw him to the ice twice and repeatedly punched him while he was down. Probably going to be suspended for that one. Third period should be interesting, especially since Kassian wasn't ejected.

It was only a matter of time. Tkachuk is a world class pest, and would be in any era. He also has a ton of skill.

Last edited:

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
The rangers originally signed him to an ELC, so he’s hardly overpaid in that regard. And buffalo took a chance by giving up a third but again it’s really not that much.

When he originally signed with the Rangers, he got a $925,000 salary, a $92,500 signing bonus, and achievement bonuses of up to $2.85 million. Then he took the Rangers to salary arbitration the first chance he got.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
First time I love Kassian. Tkachuk is playing with fire with those bordeline hits. I like physical game, but somewhere is the line its not okey anymore and Tkachuk has crossed it. Justified job by Kassian.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
First time I love Kassian. Tkachuk is playing with fire with those bordeline hits. I like physical game, but somewhere is the line its not okey anymore and Tkachuk has crossed it. Justified job by Kassian.

There is literally nothing wrong with that hit.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
After all the shit Kassian got away with last game against us..... great job Matthew.

Reactions: GoBluz24

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
There is literally nothing wrong with that hit.
IThere was earlier in that game bit borderline hit. Late and both clearly where blind hits and target. People get injured on those when there is already 1on1 battle and 3rd party come with speed and arent even wanting to puck just level volnerable player who doesnt know what is coming. Dont you hear McDavid screams there is coning clear headhunter on Kassian way.

Dirty.

There will be player who will level Tkachuk in some point of his career. Same level as Marchand. Zero respect. No matter how St. Louis is his second home.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Devils have fired GM Ray Shero, I wonder how long it’ll be until Marty Broduer is announced as the next GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad