Around The NHL Discussion 2019/20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I watched a clip of Ryan Reeves in action against Minnesota.

Reeves looked like a professional wrestler on skates. He was mugging, smiling, taunting, all the stuff you would see in a WRF event.

It was disgraceful.
The only team I feared in the West last season was Vegas. It’s not entirely due to Reaves, but because I thought they were capable of exacting a large toll physically. Win or lose the series, you lose because of how beat up you come out. Frankly, I think other teams feel that way about the Blues.

Vegas vs St Louis should have been the WCF. If the Blues can make it that far, it’s looking decently likely this season. But St Louis has a harder path to get there.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
The only team I feared in the West last season was Vegas. It’s not entirely due to Reaves, but because I thought they were capable of exacting a large toll physically. Win or lose the series, you lose because of how beat up you come out. Frankly, I think other teams feel that way about the Blues.

Vegas vs St Louis should have been the WCF. If the Blues can make it that far, it’s looking decently likely this season. But St Louis has a harder path to get there.
If the playoffs began today, the Blues would host the Preds in Round 1. Nashville would have to feel pretty good about their chances having won every meeting between these two clubs this season.

No doubt that the Blues were fortunate to avoid Vegas last year. It's probably one of the reasons the Sharks had nothing left in the tank by the time they met STL in Rd. 3. They got beat up in Round 1 by the Knights which absolutely took its toll as the playoffs continued.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
When we had Twist and Chase on our team, they got no ice time in the playoffs.
Reaves has his temper under better control, so I guess he gets playoff ice time.

Blues0307

May 25, 2009
St. Louis
Reaves is extremely entertaining to watch on the ice for fans and he's a likable guy. Hockey, after all, is in the entertainment business, so I think he's great for the sport. I'm not going to complain about him in the slightest. He brings in viewers and puts butts in the seats.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Reaves is extremely entertaining to watch on the ice for fans and he's a likable guy. Hockey, after all, is in the entertainment business, so I think he's great for the sport. I'm not going to complain about him in the slightest. He brings in viewers and puts butts in the seats.

He's entertaining for the Vegas fans when Vegas plays a home game.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Yeah Reaves is a great show man, and has really improved his actual hockey playing ability since entering the league. Great dude that i will always root for, except on the few occasions he's lined up across the ice from our squad.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Coaches like Ken Hitchcock and Gerard Gallant are not going to give ice time to a guy who can't play. Reaves is a solid 4th liner who also happens to be the best fighter in the league. Cut out the personality, the chirping, the fighting etc. and he'd still have a job. He's a solid hockey player.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I would really, really like to see the Rangers make the playoffs. That would be so awesome! (They are my favourite non Blues team. I have a weird fascination with Manhattan :))

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
I would really, really like to see the Rangers make the playoffs. That would be so awesome! (They are my favourite non Blues team. I have a weird fascination with Manhattan :))
it's entirely plausible, which is amazing for them

that wild card race in the east will go down to the last game of the season

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Granlund scored with 1 second left to force OT and again in OT to beat Flames. He has been different player since Preds coaching change.

Jordeau

Aug 8, 2014
St. Louis
I'm very much hoping that the Preds get the first wild card spot and move into the Pacific bracket. If we win the conference I'll take a Calgary/Winnipeg/Minnesota/Arizona first round match up over Nashville any day. Winnipeg is the only team there that I think could realistically give us any trouble.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Rasmus Ristolainen destroys with reverce hit vs. Ryan Reaves. Sit down please. Reaves was sitting almost 15sec before he gets up and was heading to bench slowly.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Carolina pushed all their chips into the pile and it looks like they are sinking. Bad asset management there. Gave away the draft picks for nothing.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Carolina pushed all their chips into the pile and it looks like they are sinking. Bad asset management there. Gave away the draft picks for nothing.

they didn’t get a goalie...... But still way to early to write anyone off.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
.... Okay then, that sure is a choice of team to be most scared by.
They seem to have our number this season. They are playing like they're hungry right now, just at the right time. They were written off, and have nothing to prove. I can't think of a more dangerous opponent. If one of their goalies get hot at the right time they could take us.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
They seem to have our number this season. They are playing like they're hungry right now, just at the right time. They were written off, and have nothing to prove. I can't think of a more dangerous opponent. If one of their goalies get hot at the right time they could take us.

i get this point of view, and part of me wants to avoid them because I live in Nashville and most of my family are fans of them, but I also think them beating us isn’t due to some inherent matchup problem & that it might work to our favor to have our attention and having a score to settle.

I’d prefer them over either Dallas or Colorado.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
If the playoffs started today, we'd play Nashville.

Had a quick look at their stats and wow, Petro has more points than Duchene, Johansen and Forsberg. :help: :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad