Around The NHL Discussion 2019/20 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Bill Peters sounds like an absolute clown and I can’t wait to see him get canned.

With all these stories coming out about him and even other coaches like Darryl Sutter, etc it amazes me what some players put up with and they keep their mouth shut about it.

I understand they don’t want to jeopardize their career but man, I would clock one of these coaches in the face if they pulled that bullshit. Then again I have a temper.

But still, I would say that the culture has to change big time. These coaches need to get off their macho high horse and still treat their players like decent human beings. If you can’t do that, you really should not be allowed to coach anybody.

And look, I get tired of today’s PC culture. But using slurs or physically punching your players is not remotely acceptable. Ever. It’s easy to refrain from doing those things and Peters should never get paid by anyone in hockey for the rest of his life. He’s not a good person.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I don't care either way about the situation but where is the proof? You can't claim someone did shit and provide no evidence.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Bill Peters sounds like an absolute clown and I can’t wait to see him get canned.

With all these stories coming out about him and even other coaches like Darryl Sutter, etc it amazes me what some players put up with and they keep their mouth shut about it.

I understand they don’t want to jeopardize their career but man, I would clock one of these coaches in the face if they pulled that bull****. Then again I have a temper.

But still, I would say that the culture has to change big time. These coaches need to get off their macho high horse and still treat their players like decent human beings. If you can’t do that, you really should not be allowed to coach anybody.

And look, I get tired of today’s PC culture. But using slurs or physically punching your players is not remotely acceptable. Ever. It’s easy to refrain from doing those things and Peters should never get paid by anyone in hockey for the rest of his life. He’s not a good person.
Yep, one of the biggest issues is people having to deal with it or things will get worse for them. Certain groups are culturally conditioned to accept it or the consequences will be worse. People have a voice and with social media, its their power.

I do understand some have issue with that because once a claim is out there...its out there, true or not.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

I understand they don’t want to jeopardize their career but man, I would clock one of these coaches in the face if they pulled that bull****. Then again I have a temper.

I’d like to think that I’d do/say something if I was in that situation, but I don’t know if I honestly would when I’m on the verge of realizing my ultimate dream. I think one of the biggest failings(outside of Peters, obviously) come from the veterans in the locker room here. Guys who wouldn’t be at risk of jeopardizing their career to stand up for a young kid.

Peters needs to be shit-canned and removed from professional hockey for life. Slurs and physically striking a player can’t be tolerated.

This isn’t “old time hockey” or “tough love” as I’ve seen some idiots on Twitter call it. It’s outright racism and assault. Tough love implies that the person receiving the “love” will be better for it even if it sucks in the moment. How is Aliu a better player/person after his head coach drops a racial slur on him? Some people just love racism for some reason.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I’d like to think that I’d do/say something if I was in that situation, but I don’t know if I honestly would when I’m on the verge of realizing my ultimate dream. I think one of the biggest failings(outside of Peters, obviously) come from the veterans in the locker room here. Guys who wouldn’t be at risk of jeopardizing their career to stand up for a young kid.

Peters needs to be ****-canned and removed from professional hockey for life. Slurs and physically striking a player can’t be tolerated.

This isn’t “old time hockey” or “tough love” as I’ve seen some idiots on Twitter call it. It’s outright racism and assault. Tough love implies that the person receiving the “love” will be better for it even if it sucks in the moment. How is Aliu a better player/person after his head coach drops a racial slur on him? Some people just love racism for some reason.
I generally agree but have 1 nit to pick. It has been reported that at least 1 of the veteran leaders on that team went to management after Aliu incident. Likewise leadership core in Carolina apparently did too after some things he did. We should blame Peters and his enablers and not teammates of victims who may well have tried to help.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I don't buy most of this shit and here's why. You're trying to tell me 20+ guys see this shit happening and not a single one has had their balls drop enough not to be a bitch? Where are the players with good careers speaking out about it? Why is it only guys that wasn't good enough or are no longer anything in the game? I mean there has to be someone who's a superstar right now that saw all this happening but I guess everyone but these couple people are complicit in this kind of stuff right? Ya I know I'm an asshole but I want hard proof before someone loses their f***ing career over accusations. Innocent until proven guilty no matter what modern society wants you to think.

Reactions: Punished ROR

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I don't buy most of this **** and here's why. You're trying to tell me 20+ guys see this **** happening and not a single one has had their balls drop enough not to be a *****? Where are the players with good careers speaking out about it? Why is it only guys that wasn't good enough or are no longer anything in the game? I mean there has to be someone who's a superstar right now that saw all this happening but I guess everyone but these couple people are complicit in this kind of stuff right? Ya I know I'm an ******* but I want hard proof before someone loses their ****ing career over accusations. Innocent until proven guilty no matter what modern society wants you to think.
Bystander effect - Wikipedia

Relevant situation is Mike Babcock. Now that he's been removed from his position of power, players are speaking out against him. Sometimes even stars remain silent until they feel they are in a position to speak out without it affecting them.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I don't buy most of this **** and here's why. You're trying to tell me 20+ guys see this **** happening and not a single one has had their balls drop enough not to be a *****? Where are the players with good careers speaking out about it? Why is it only guys that wasn't good enough or are no longer anything in the game? I mean there has to be someone who's a superstar right now that saw all this happening but I guess everyone but these couple people are complicit in this kind of stuff right? Ya I know I'm an ******* but I want hard proof before someone loses their ****ing career over accusations. Innocent until proven guilty no matter what modern society wants you to think.

Although it appears Sportsnet didn't reach out to some guy on the internet who "doesn't buy most of this bullshit" for this story. Both sides, both sides.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

Although it appears Sportsnet didn't reach out to some guy on the internet who "doesn't buy most of this bull****" for this story. Both sides, both sides.

Wow! So you mean to say AFTER I posted someone with credibility actually has something to say about it? Amazing. Though if he want to sit there and admit he saw it and knew about it and he didn't do shit about it then he is just as much of a piece of shit as Peters.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Wow! So you mean to say AFTER I posted someone with credibility actually has something to say about it? Amazing. Though if he want to sit there and admit he saw it and knew about it and he didn't do **** about it then he is just as much of a piece of **** as Peters.
Bad take. He confirmed Jordan's accusations (not the racism which he wasn't there for), said that players and staff took it up food chain, and that action was taken to ensure that Peters didn't do it again. How do you get to he is a piece of **** from that?

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Bad take. He confirmed Jordan's accusations (not the racism which he wasn't there for), said that players and staff took it up food chain, and that action was taken to ensure that Peters didn't do it again. How do you get to he is a piece of **** from that?

He was a coach who is also an authority figure and he does what? Sits there and watches it and lets the players decide what to do? If your coach f***ing kicks a player in the back that's the time to do something because that's some horse shit. Seriously, how can you watch that happen and do nothing?

On a side note Tim and Sid said something this week that bothered me. They mentioned how there are no PoC coaches. Isn't Berube ( for lack of knowledge of the exact term to use) an Indian that just coached and won the cup? Since when are Indians not considered a PoC?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Wow! So you mean to say AFTER I posted someone with credibility actually has something to say about it? Amazing. Though if he want to sit there and admit he saw it and knew about it and he didn't do **** about it then he is just as much of a piece of **** as Peters.
What makes Brind Amour more credible then the original accuser?

I'm fine with waiting for corroborating accounts to confirm or physical evidence but I'm not sure how your assigning credibility to one person but not another.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
What makes Brind Amour more credible then the original accuser?

I'm fine with waiting for corroborating accounts to confirm or physical evidence but I'm not sure how your assigning credibility to one person but not another.
If you read the article, it says they handled it internally.

But even if it was a bad look for Rod, wouldn't it be pretty damning that he is admitting it despite it being a bad look for him?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If you read the article, it says they handled it internally.

But even if it was a bad look for Rod, wouldn't it be pretty damning that he is admitting it despite it being a bad look for him?
Yes, I'd say throwing yourself under the bus does add some credibility. What I've seen before and may be misreading now is some people wanting to dismiss claims because it's not coming from someone of stature

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
He was a coach who is also an authority figure and he does what? Sits there and watches it and lets the players decide what to do? If your coach ****ing kicks a player in the back that's the time to do something because that's some horse ****. Seriously, how can you watch that happen and do nothing?

On a side note Tim and Sid said something this week that bothered me. They mentioned how there are no PoC coaches. Isn't Berube ( for lack of knowledge of the exact term to use) an Indian that just coached and won the cup? Since when are Indians not considered a PoC?
Peters was his boss. Sounds like he reported it to Francis or someone more senior. What do you want him to do? Punch Peters on the bench?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I generally agree but have 1 nit to pick. It has been reported that at least 1 of the veteran leaders on that team went to management after Aliu incident. Likewise leadership core in Carolina apparently did too after some things he did. We should blame Peters and his enablers and not teammates of victims who may well have tried to help.
Didn't see that. Good for them, whoever they are. That's a leader.

Reactions: Blueston

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I don't care either way about the situation but where is the proof? You can't claim someone did **** and provide no evidence.
What do you expect these players to be doing - video taping every single second of their lives?

You absolutely can speak out against things that happened even if you have 'no proof'. Obviously everyone wants proof but obtaining that is easier said than done.

And we are seeing that with Peters, where there is smoke, there is fire. There are now multiple people speaking out against him. They aren't all lying, man.

Reactions: Blueston

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Vancouver meltdown. They came from 0-2 behind. Lead then 6-3, but give out win and lost eventually 6-8. :laugh:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Vancouver meltdown. They came from 0-2 behind. Lead then 6-3, but give out win and lost eventually 6-8. :laugh:
They lack defense and establish goaltending. They can score though. As a fan of a rebuilding team, it has to be a fun ride.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis

If a Blues player did this there’d be a thread 10 pages deep on the main boards already (there is currently no thread on the main boards that I see)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad