Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Very good TBL vs NSH game on right now.

Go TBL. Pound those clowns in piss yellow.
Minnesota is 7-0-3 in their last 10, and like everyone else in the division besides the Blackhawks (haha), have passed Nashville in the standings. I expect the Preds to miss this year...they’re just pedestrian all around.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I'm growing tired of NBC salivating over the Nashville crowd. They talk about it everytime. High energy atmosphere, childish with the "you suck" chants, but generally not as high of a hockey IQ as many places.

Good but over rated by the national broadcasters.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Congrats on that call. Everyone could figure he was on the hot seat, but you nailed the timing too. Did something happen yesterday that made you call it? They lost, and badly, but that is not exactly new to them this year.

Nothing special, other than that 1st period had that familiar smell, giving enough cover to pull the move if it’s something that had begun to get discussed.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I'm growing tired of NBC salivating over the Nashville crowd. They talk about it everytime. High energy atmosphere, childish with the "you suck" chants, but generally not as high of a hockey IQ as many places.

Good but over rated by the national broadcasters.
I think they’re just always so surprised anyone in Tennessee watches hockey (and I lived there 4 years).

I don’t mind Preds fans in principle, but I don’t like their team and I hate the taunting.

Stealth JD

Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I remember a lot of people scoffing at the notion that Colorado was going to rise up amongst the elite this year; yet after last night the Blues have opened the door for Colorado to pass them in the standings if they can convert their games-in-hand into 6-points. This while missing Landeskog & Rantanen for much of the season thus far. For as banged up as the Blues are, Colorado is just as banged up and matching the Blues almost point-for-point. We all think the Blues are playing well despite their injuries; well, it goes to show how well Colorado is playing as well. Blues need to take advantage of their green defense while they can, because as Makar and Byram develop (alongside Girard, EJ & Graves) that team is going to be a handful.

Reactions: shpongle falls

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I remember a lot of people scoffing at the notion that Colorado was going to rise up amongst the elite this year; yet after last night the Blues have opened the door for Colorado to pass them in the standings if they can convert their games-in-hand into 6-points. This while missing Landeskog & Rantanen for much of the season thus far. For as banged up as the Blues are, Colorado is just as banged up and matching the Blues almost point-for-point. We all think the Blues are playing well despite their injuries; well, it goes to show how well Colorado is playing as well. Blues need to take advantage of their green defense while they can, because as Makar and Byram develop (alongside Girard, EJ & Graves) that team is going to be a handful.
Yeah, they are going to be scary good, they are already borderline scary good.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
What happens if team just forcheck the shit out of them, and their mobility is taken away. I get it....don't look past Colorado but assuming teams wont adjust to their playing style isnt giving the league much credit. The viewings I've had indicates Girard and Makar dont like to get hit much

Stealth JD

Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
What happens if team just forcheck the **** out of them, and their mobility is taken away. I get it....don't look past Colorado but assuming teams wont adjust to their playing style isnt giving the league much credit. The viewings I've had indicates Girard and Makar dont like to get hit much
Oh - don't get me wrong...I think the Blues would prevail in a short series if these two teams matched up this coming spring. But give them another 2-3 years, and they'll likely be the team to beat, for which there are ways of doing, as you pointed out. That's an extremely talented group over there though and you can't hit what you can't catch.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Oh - don't get me wrong...I think the Blues would prevail in a short series if these two teams matched up this coming spring. But give them another 2-3 years, and they'll likely be the team to beat, for which there are ways of doing, as you pointed out. That's an extremely talented group over there though and you can't hit what you can't catch.
I dont think that works as well for dmen. They have to get the puck. If you have your forcheck going, they either have to take the hit or bail on the puck. Blues did that well against Dallas back in 15/16. Klingberg was reduced to peanut butter.

I'm not really disagreeing persay, just not ready to anoint them either

Stealth JD

Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I dont think that works as well for dmen. They have to get the puck. If you have your forcheck going, they either have to take the hit or bail on the puck. Blues did that well against Dallas back in 15/16. Klingberg was reduced to peanut butter.

I'm not really disagreeing persay, just not ready to anoint them either

Yeah - Makar is Karlsson-lite...but we saw what the Blues forecheck did to him ;)

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Colorado looks pretty good so far this year for sure. Watching highlights from this one I've never heard of goalie Pavel Francouz before but looks like he had a hell of game here and is putting up really good GAA and save % numbers for the Avs.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Stealth JD

Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
And here come the Wild! Back from the dead and into a Wild Card spot. If they playoffs started today, they’d be IN. Never thought that team was a bad as they were expected to be.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
And here come the Wild! Back from the dead and into a Wild Card spot. If they playoffs started today, they’d be IN. Never thought that team was a bad as they were expected to be.
They play very tight defensive game. Looking Wild result games are most part 1 goal difference.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I bet Wild fans are extremely excited to lose in the first round! Exciting times ahead!

Reactions: Stealth JD

Stealth JD

Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
The Wild would’ve been better off just committing to a rebuild rather than trying to squeeze whatever blood is left in that particular stone.
I wanted them to get Panarin to lure Kaprizov. Their D is fine, but they could use some help up front.

The Central is a joke, and I morbidly want it to be an arms race with all 7 teams being strong enough to beat up on the other 3 divisions. I don't know why I'd wish that upon the Blues, but with the Coyotes coming to the Central and the Hawks with a stupid-strong pipeline (imo) having 7-8 playoff caliber teams all finish at ~95 points would be a fascinating sight to behold...and we're not too far off from every team being really strong already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad