Around The NHL Discussion 2019/20 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Every single team in the West looks flawed right now. Gonna be an interesting year.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Who was it that was so gung ho about trading for Schneider last year? He’s available on waivers now. Does anyone want him?

There are goalies even worse than Jake Allen available.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Who was it that was so gung ho about trading for Schneider last year? He’s available on waivers now. Does anyone want him?

There are goalies even worse than Jake Allen available.
Holy shit lol....

I'm glad to see some GMs are moving on from loyalty to players when they are flat out bad

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
IF Schneider clears waivers so does Allen too.
they really aren't comparable

schneider should have been out of the league awhile ago, allen is still an average back up in the league (despite most blues fans looking to dump him)

Reactions: Blueston

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN

schneider should have been out of the league awhile ago, allen is still an average back up in the league (despite most blues fans looking to dump him)
You can’t say things like that here without being labeled as an Allen fanboy.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
meh, i'd prefer to call a spade a spade

not a fan of allen as a starter, okay with him only being a back up, won't mind moving on but not as desperate to do so as some posters

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
giphy.gif

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

Well its not that far away IF Allen performs badly.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I enjoy watching the Coyotes. They have some dynamic players (Garland, Keller, etc). But apparently very few folks in Arizona appreciate them....the stadium is near 50% empty.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I enjoy watching the Coyotes. They have some dynamic players (Garland, Keller, etc). But apparently very few folks in Arizona appreciate them....the stadium is near 50% empty.
Because we keep expecting them leave.

The City of Glendale gave the team a sweetheart deal that caused much ire across a decent swath of the City Council.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
i know it's not a top hockey market, but isn't their attendance affected a lot by the rink location? isn't it inconveniently located away from phoenix?

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
i know it's not a top hockey market, but isn't their attendance affected a lot by the rink location? isn't it inconveniently located away from phoenix?
It’s in western suburbs when nicer areas (where there likely fans presumably live) are almost all in eastern suburbs.

Reactions: BlueOil

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
It’s located right at the edge of Phoenix itself and is in one of the top entertainment districts in the Phoenix area.

And with Phoenix being populated by cold-weather transplants from the northern Midwest, hockey has a fan base.

I think the situation here is far more political than the League would like to acknowledge.

Bluesfan54

Jul 28, 2014
Kansas City
Poor Tage Thompson. He finally got called up by the Sabres to replace an injured player and in his first game he got hurt. Out 4 to 5 weeks.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Another thing that makes attendance at Coyotes games paltry is the fact that there is really only one way to get there; I-10.

And that gets clogged and dicey as people make their way out of downtown after work.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Another thing that makes attendance at Coyotes games paltry is the fact that there is really only one way to get there; I-10.

And that gets clogged and dicey as people make their way out of downtown after work.
My aunt and grandparents live in Peoria, AZ and I’ve gone to some games while visiting them. I was always astounded by what a cluster it can be to get out to that complex they play in. A lot of the attendance issues make sense when you put it in context.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
My aunt and grandparents live in Peoria, AZ and I’ve gone to some games while visiting them. I was always astounded by what a cluster it can be to get out to that complex they play in. A lot of the attendance issues make sense when you put it in context.

Seattle will be a shit show. I lived there for 15 years. Seattle is already a traffic nightmare. Getting to the Key Arena on surface streets after having survived the I5 nightmare will be tough.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Ok, so you know the 101 Loop. That’s how you get there if you live in Peoria. It’s much better suited for this who live in the west valley

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I’ve been to a couple games in Arizona. I thought the area around the arena was awesome. Great options for dining, movies, etc. But it was a serious trek to get there and back from where I was staying in Phoenix. I can’t imagine attending games on a work day.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I’ve been to a couple games in Arizona. I thought the area around the arena was awesome. Great options for dining, movies, etc. But it was a serious trek to get there and back from where I was staying in Phoenix. I can’t imagine attending games on a work day.
Agreed. I saw game there too and was ordeal. It’s a nice development just in wrong place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad