Around The NHL Discussion 2019/20 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I see you’re honing your ghetto English.

Heh, I learn new word. Honing.

giphy.gif

Reactions: stl76

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I am enjoying the Buffalo fans' rocket powered roller coaster. 2 games in "yessssss were going to be good....maybe", then game 3 "well guys looked gased, well see with a larger sample size". You can see they think their ol friend "inevitable collapse" peaking around a corner.

Reactions: JoshFromMO

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Not really a fan of telling fans to suck your ****. Telling Johansen to suck a **** is acceptable because he's another player :)

Last edited by a moderator:

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Gotta say, seeing SJ 0-4-0 is really satisfying. Seeing them in the league basement with a -12 goal differential is quite entertaining.

I know it won't last, but I can still enjoy this a little longer.
Normally I would pump the brakes on something like this because they could benefit from it in the draft, but they don't have their first this year so I hope they go 0-82-0.

Reactions: Nathaniel Lauharn

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
James Neal pots 4, has matched Lucic’s Goal total from last year in 3 games, and Calgary doesn’t want to talk about it.
calgary hasn't wanted to talk since they choked in the playoffs

welcome back to earth flames

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
It was a terrible trade the moment it was made. Neal was bad in Calgary but he at least wasn’t totally useless and should have been expected to bounce back some.
I don’t understand how Calgary couldn’t find a way to use Neal effectively. Sure, he had a decline, but he’s still a serviceable player. We’ll see how it turns out in Edmonton, but I think this is going to end up being a reflection of limited coaching (good system, but can only really play one way and not able to adapt to player strengths) vs very good coaching (Tippet, able to make use of what he has). I think Edmonton will be a playoff contender, and in that division they have a great chance to sneak in. I also think Calgary is never going to take the next step forward.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I don’t understand how Calgary couldn’t find a way to use Neal effectively. Sure, he had a decline, but he’s still a serviceable player. We’ll see how it turns out in Edmonton, but I think this is going to end up being a reflection of limited coaching (good system, but can only really play one way and not able to adapt to player strengths) vs very good coaching (Tippet, able to make use of what he has). I think Edmonton will be a playoff contender, and in that division they have a great chance to sneak in. I also think Calgary is never going to take the next step forward.
Last year's Flames seem like mostly a fluke. Combination of some career years and crappy division and luck. Their goaltending is iffy and I've never been fan of Peters.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Man the Devils suck right now, I love the off-season they had on paper but it hasn't translated yet. With so many new faces and and young players it's not surprising but I hope they can turn it around at some point.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Man the Devils suck right now, I love the off-season they had on paper but it hasn't translated yet. With so many new faces and and young players it's not surprising but I hope they can turn it around at some point.

They are like early season us last year with less talent from the original team and no ideal goalie solution.

They will probably be bad for a while, and turn the corner to being mediocre in December and put themselves firmly out of the bottom 5 teams in He league but not in the playoff hunt.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I'm not surprised at all. They traded for Subban, the most over-rated defenseman in the NHL.

Reactions: Thallis

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
The Sharks just have no depth. Who the heck is Lean Bergmann?

That said, Hertl and Labanc won’t sit at 0 forever. Even if their top 6 and defense figure it out, I still don’t believe in Martin Jones, and they don’t have the depth to make a serious push unless Jumbo Joe totally empties the tank and puts the team on his back on last time. I don’t see it happening.

Reactions: JoshFromMO

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
The Sharks just have no depth. Who the heck is Lean Bergmann?

That said, Hertl and Labanc won’t sit at 0 forever. Even if their top 6 and defense figure it out, I still don’t believe in Martin Jones, and they don’t have the depth to make a serious push unless Jumbo Joe totally empties the tank and puts the team on his back on last time. I don’t see it happening.

Dude. They just signed Marleau. I'm sure they'll be fine.

Since the Blues play the Habs on Saturday I was watching some recent highlights and man Jack Eichel looks amazing out there.

Eichel is sick. Dahlin is better. Kid is ready for the spotlight and will win several Norris trophies.

Last edited:
Reactions: shpongle falls

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I love how spiteful we are despite the fact we beat them :laugh::laugh::laugh:

My hate for the Sharks goes back to the Blues presidents trophy team losing to them in the 1st rd. Their coach is the biggest cry baby. Somehow Thornton is the darling of the media despite being one of the dirtiest players of the last 20 years. The Burns elbow to Tarasenko a few years ago while Tarasenko was flat on his stomach is a memory that never goes away. Top it off with all the crying their fans do and ya the hate for the Sharks franchise is real lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad