Around The NHL Discussion 2019/20 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Call me shocked at the Oilers hot start. They have hardly any depth but the superstars are going gang busters
They have a very good coach, and a team that is hungry for something better than last season. I hope they can hang in there as playoff contenders. In the Pacific it looks feasible.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
They have a very good coach, and a team that is hungry for something better than last season. I hope they can hang in there as playoff contenders. In the Pacific it looks feasible.

their depth is still not scoring

mcdavid and drai are not going to both keep this insane pace

neal is not going to keep scoring like he is

their division sucks so maybe, but the team isnt that different

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis
As hyped as I am for the Oilers doing well, the best team they've played are the Islanders.

Their next 7 games are against DET, WPG, MIN, WSH, FLA, DET, CBJ. Lol

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
The Oilers are a castle built on sand. 7 of their forwards have no points. They have a team shooting % of 15.9% buoyed by Neal's ridiculous 34.8% (!). 10 of their 28 goals have come on the PP which is also at a ridiculous 45.54%. They may very well be better than people expected in a weak division, but right now they're a team on a hot streak in a wonky 7 game sample. As expected they are being carried by McDavid and Draisaitl (and Neal, to a degree). But we've seen that those two alone aren't enough to carry that team to the postseason.

Reactions: brokeu91

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
Did anyone else see Eklund's latest - Jamie Benn on the block? I would be very surprised if Dallas traded him. It's Eklund so take this with a grain of salt.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Arthur Staple made comment this morning in an interview on Sirius XM NHL Radio about how the Islanders are missing Casey Cizikas as part of the "best 4th line in hockey." I guess he didn't watch many Blues games last year. I'm not sure the fact that we had the best 4th line in the league last year is even up for debate.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Did anyone else see Eklund's latest - Jamie Benn on the block? I would be very surprised if Dallas traded him. It's Eklund so take this with a grain of salt.

The question is, if Dallas continues to struggle, how many more games until Jim Lites has another public tirade??? :naughty:

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The question is, if Dallas continues to struggle, how many more games until Jim Lites has another public tirade??? :naughty:
I don’t approve of how he handled that, but it’s hard to argue that it didn’t get the players’ attention and coincided with their resurgence. But if you feel the need to do that kind of thing, you have a player leadership deficit.

Bluesin7

Jan 29, 2014
Watching McDavid play is mesmerizing. I can't even imagine having a player like him on the Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad