Around The NHL Discussion 2018-2019 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Does anyone have NHLTV or Center Ice on Charter Spectrum? Thoughts? I'm craving a lot of hockey nowadays. I noticed ESPN+ has a game a day for $4.99 per month.
I have a Chromecast BTW.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Patches hasn't exactly hit the ground running with Vegas. He has a total of 1 point with that being a goal in 6 games.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Wish we had Raanta in net. He's amazing, Jets has dominate the whole game and Raanta has keept Arizona in the game. In better team he would be Vezina canditate.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Berglund 8gp 1g(empty net) 1a = 2 pts
Sobotka 6gp 1g 0a = 1pt
Thompson 7gp 0g 0a = 0pt

Sounds about right

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Does anyone have NHLTV or Center Ice on Charter Spectrum? Thoughts? I'm craving a lot of hockey nowadays. I noticed ESPN+ has a game a day for $4.99 per month.
I have a Chromecast BTW.
Super late reply, but I have NHLTV. I like it quite a bit, but I would like it more if I could watch live Blues games on it. The commercials they play are awful though and constantly on repeat. Other than that it works as intended most of the time for me.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Berglund 8gp 1g(empty net) 1a = 2 pts
Sobotka 6gp 1g 0a = 1pt
Thompson 7gp 0g 0a = 0pt

Sounds about right
It is SOOO tempting to post these numbers in that thread where a Buffalo fan was crowing about the relative points production of the trade. I've been surprised how many salty Buffalo fans have come out of the woodwork after the O'Reilly trade.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
It is SOOO tempting to post these numbers in that thread where a Buffalo fan was crowing about the relative points production of the trade. I've been surprised how many salty Buffalo fans have come out of the woodwork after the O'Reilly trade.
As would I but it would be soley directed at that poster and not Buffalo fans. Though as soon as its posted though. ROR will get cold and Berglund will go on some dumb tear

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah, just hold off on updating that thread until later in the season. It's just going to start a pissing match.

But Buffazlo fans seem to think Thompson may get sent to the AHL soon. Wouldn't be surprising, and he was scratched last night.

So it's very realistic ROR could end up with more points at the end of the year than all 3 combined if he posts close to 70.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Yeah, just hold off on updating that thread until later in the season. It's just going to start a pissing match.

But Buffazlo fans seem to think Thompson may get sent to the AHL soon. Wouldn't be surprising, and he was scratched last night.

So it's very realistic ROR could end up with more points at the end of the year than all 3 combined if he posts close to 70.
Iirc it was just 1 Buffalo fan that had that hope. Most I've read accept the trade for what it was. Buffalo needed a shake up and the Blues got the best player in the deal. Buffalo got 2 serviceable players and some good futures.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Nah ROR is a locker room cancer, so forget the fact he's a god on faceoffs, has one of the best defensive sticks, is positonally sound, makes crip passes, drives the play, generates possession, can play the cycle and is useful in every situation.

He's worthless garbage. We'd be better off selling him for a couple cap dumps and a nothing prospect.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Super late reply, but I have NHLTV. I like it quite a bit, but I would like it more if I could watch live Blues games on it. The commercials they play are awful though and constantly on repeat. Other than that it works as intended most of the time for me.

Thanks. I wound up going with an NHLTV subscription. I love it. I really just wanted to watch a bunch of teams around the league. It has been great for that. Streaming on Chromecast works well...so far!

Next up: cutting Spectrum and switching to SlingTV!

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Thanks. I wound up going with an NHLTV subscription. I love it. I really just wanted to watch a bunch of teams around the league. It has been great for that. Streaming on Chromecast works well...so far!

PlayStation Vue is also a good option.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

I did the exact same. I cut Spectrum and got SlingTV. My only issue is occasional buffering but I think that may be due to my WiFi and not anything to do with Sling. Otherwise the channel options are great.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
I did the exact same. I cut Spectrum and got SlingTV. My only issue is occasional buffering but I think that may be due to my WiFi and not anything to do with Sling. Otherwise the channel options are great.

I had the same problem with Sling and I have the 200 mb/s spectrum internet. I was constantly behind a good 45-60 seconds which ticked me off so I switched back. After rebundling the internet and TV and going with just the basic package, I actually ended up saving $7/month compared to when I had Sling and Spectrum internet.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Nah ROR is a locker room cancer, so forget the fact he's a god on faceoffs, has one of the best defensive sticks, is positonally sound, makes crip passes, drives the play, generates possession, can play the cycle and is useful in every situation.

He's worthless garbage. We'd be better off selling him for a couple cap dumps and a nothing prospect.

It’s hard to believe it would be as possible to be as happy with his game the first 3 weeks, and still be as disgusted with the team the first 3 weeks, but here we are.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
It’s hard to believe it would be as possible to be as happy with his game the first 3 weeks, and still be as disgusted with the team the first 3 weeks, but here we are.
Such is the life of a Blues fan.... he's absolutely carrying his line, something we havnt had in a center for awhile. Schwartz/Tarasenko falling off the face of the earth isnt helping either. While the 3rd line isnt terrible, theres no production. Were exactly where we always are... a 1 line team

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Damn...missed the end of the Sharks vs Preds game. 3 unanswered points by the Sharks in the 3rd to beat the Preds 5-4.

Good.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Always refreshing to watch a team other than the Blues blow a third period lead and suffer a crushing defeat at home. It's even better when it's the perds tho. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad