Around The NHL Discussion 2018-2019 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
the NHL's leading scorer is Mikko Rantanen. 2nd is MacKinnon.
Colorado did a very nice job of replacing Sakic and Forsberg with two franchise-caliber forwards.
Cups are won with marquee talent...and Colorado is going to be a contender for the next 15 years just as Crosby and Malkin have carried the Pens for the past decade-plus.

Very true, but it did take them 15 years to replace those players...unfortunately, the Blues still haven’t found replacements for even guys like Turgeon and Demitra, sigh.

I really like ROR though. Very down on Tarasenko - he has another gear but refuses to touch it unless it’s the last 5 minutes of a game in which they’re trailing.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Thompson with his first point as a Sabre. Pretty nice assist on a 2 on 1.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Have you guys seen the post game on ice celebration by the Hurricanes? Pretty silly but I can dig it lol

I like it. I like it even more hearing Brian Burke explain why he hates it so much. It’s just fun. I don’t think every team should copycat it but it’s a fun thing for the Canes b

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
I like it. I like it even more hearing Brian Burke explain why he hates it so much. It’s just fun. I don’t think every team should copycat it but it’s a fun thing for the Canes b
It's funny how the NHL whines and complains about not being as popular as other major sports (mainly NBA), yet never allows any players to have any fun out there.

Hockey culture needs some serious redirection.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Have you guys seen the post game on ice celebration by the Hurricanes? Pretty silly but I can dig it lol

Wow. First I've seen this....and it's awesome IMO.

Not really a fan of stealing Iceland's soccer team pump up move, but the canoeing thing is hilarious. Reminds me of playing games at the end of practice as a mite. Looks like fun lol.

Saint Loser

"(they) are unavoidably unsafe" - SCOTUS
Mar 16, 2018
Goofballs, dumb to me but doesnt matter what I think. If they like it and their fans like it, do you.
How is that even remotely dumb?

It is freaking amazing!!

You want home-ice advantage?

This is how you do it.

You want fan participation and sales?

This is how you do it.

Then again, maybe you think savvy capitalism and high school-style pep rallies are dumb.

We need a Dislike button.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Goofballs, dumb to me but doesnt matter what I think. If they like it and their fans like it, do you.

Seems like a lot of attention pandering to me. Not a big fan. But it’s also not a big deal to me. It’s after the game. All the interesting stuff happens during the game. If they want to goof off after the game then so be it.

Reactions: Dbrownss

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Wow. First I've seen this....and it's awesome IMO.

Not really a fan of stealing Iceland's soccer team pump up move, but the canoeing thing is hilarious. Reminds me of playing games at the end of practice as a mite. Looks like fun lol.
Well so many teams have already stealed that Iceland's celebration thing so I don't see it as big thing and as you mentioned, hockey should be fun and its nice to see Carolina are willing to be bit silly and enjoy of winning their own style.

Btw that Iceland cheer is absolutely amazing while game is under going. So little country and how well they've build their footbal success.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
How is that even remotely dumb?

It is freaking amazing!!

You want home-ice advantage?

This is how you do it.

You want fan participation and sales?

This is how you do it.

Then again, maybe you think savvy capitalism and high school-style pep rallies are dumb.

We need a Dislike button.
I find it dumb. There's your answer. People have different opinions, If the Canes and their fans like it, good for them. They are welcome to continue as much as they like. While I find it dumb, I wouldn't cry for them to stop

Saint Loser

Mar 16, 2018
I find it dumb. There's your answer. People have different opinions, If the Canes and their fans like it, good for them. They are welcome to continue as much as they like. While I find it dumb, I wouldn't cry for them to stop

Frankly, while I find it fun and amazing, I also find it to be a little cheesy.

But a lot of fun things are cheesy. It reminds me of a minor-league atmosphere where it is just fun without all the pretense.

Bottom line for me is that, if it gets the crowd riled up and excited, then that is a great thing for the business.

It will create "hometown heroes" and pride and cause merch and ticket sales to sky rocket.

If a little Velveeta comes along with that, then I am ok with it.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Frankly, while I find it fun and amazing, I also find it to be a little cheesy.

But a lot of fun things are cheesy. It reminds me of a minor-league atmosphere where it is just fun without all the pretense.

Bottom line for me is that, if it gets the crowd riled up and excited, then that is a great thing for the business.

It will create "hometown heroes" and pride and cause merch and ticket sales to sky rocket.

If a little Velveeta comes along with that, then I am ok with it.
I'm not sure if your understanding my position on this. I'm not saying they should stop. If they are having fun, then I fully "support" it. Even if I think its dumb, that doesnt mean its not good for the team.

Reactions: Saint Loser

Saint Loser

Mar 16, 2018
I'm not sure if your understanding my position on this. I'm not saying they should stop. If they are having fun, then I fully "support" it. Even if I think its dumb, that doesnt mean its not good for the team.
Honestly, dude, it’s not necessary that I understand your position. Like you said, you have your opinion and that’s cool.

Saul Goodman

Edit: Truth be told, I’m kind of an ass sometimes, so.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad