Around The NHL Discussion 2018-2019 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Truthfully i didn't think 27 was enough. I'm disappointed

Right. The standard seems to be about 25%ish of the season across pro sports. But, if a video of the incident goes viral, then the teams become hypocrites and blackball you because not it's unacceptable behavior. 25% of a season is ultimately a slap on the wrist, and the leagues just come off as hypocrites to me.

The Greg Hardy case is probably the most ridiculous that I can think of.

Reactions: Falco Lombardi

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Hutton allows 3 goals and takes a penalty in the 1st period of the Avs game.

I still don't buy that this guy can be a full-time starter.
Does anyone really see him as a legit full-time starter? GM's don't, and his cap hit is that of a high end backup.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
SMH Brett Kavanaugh must have been presiding over Austin Watson's appeal trial. Got reduced from 27 to 18 games.
From what I understand of the incident, I felt the penalty was an over-reaction. Its partly the current climate regarding sexual abuse and domestic incidents. Its hard to get enough of a straight story to know for sure, but I think Watson's punishment was excessive for what actually happened.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I mean they are used to goalies like Miller. :sarcasm:
giphy.gif

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
:laugh: Oshie chokes away an open net and less then 2min later Matthews drives the dagger right through the Caps heart

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
What is the point of handing out a suspension if the NHLPA just reduces it? Also, just what kind of message are we sending to young players, fans, WOMEN, with Watson's suspension being reduced?

Reactions: CoMoBlues

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Man I love Matthews so much, it's so unfortunate he has to play for the Leafs. I really wish I could see him play for Team USA in the Olympics one day if they ever allow NHLers back in.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Flames fan coming in peace. I looked for a dedicated fantasy thread but could not find one. I drafted Pietrangelo this year, was wondering if there’s a known issue with him or if he’s just off to a shaky start. I haven’t caught many games so I figured the stats might just not be there so far, I noticed he’s still getting his minutes. Definitely not looking to sell low on him but if there’s a known issue I might try and package him for someone else. Cheers

PizzaPietrangelo

Bluesily optimistic
Jan 14, 2017
London, UK
Flames fan coming in peace. I looked for a dedicated fantasy thread but could not find one. I drafted Pietrangelo this year, was wondering if there’s a known issue with him or if he’s just off to a shaky start. I haven’t caught many games so I figured the stats might just not be there so far, I noticed he’s still getting his minutes. Definitely not looking to sell low on him but if there’s a known issue I might try and package him for someone else. Cheers

Other than the fact that he and his wife had triplets during the offseason, no other 'issues' have been made public about Pietrangelo. A lot of us on the board would agree that he's looked a bit out of sorts during the first few games, but the whole team seems to be getting used to playin gin a new defensive scheme.

I think that we're all hopeful he'll return to form soon enough.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes

Our coach is an idiot and is trying to change the defensive scheme in a way that minimizes his defensive zone impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad