Around the NHL - Congrats to the Tampa Bay Lightning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
We have a GM who's got no credibility...imagine going into the negotiation table with one of the best hockey players ever in Stevie Y? He probably just looks at you across the table and tells you straight...no fake glasses and a big smile...Stevie Y knows it takes a TEAM to win a championship, not a few money hungry individuals. We all saw what happened to Drouin and Stamkos...Stevie Y wouldn't budge on his offer to Stamkos and traded Drouin's a55 out of there for the now Cup champ Sergachev...I don't doubt Stevie Y would have shipped Marner out of Toronto if he was the GM and saw that kind of theatrics during negotiations and the price they were demanding.

Absolutely 100%. Agree with everything you just said.

Reactions: TopChedder

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Seems to be some negative press emerging about the Lightning's parade, and for good reason. Florida is such a shit show.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Anthony Stewart says the Sens are rebuilding on the fly.

I don't think he understands what that term means

Theres a lot of terms Anthony doesn’t understand, like there’s a limit to how much you should plug your brother and friends when you are undeserving in being promoted to prominent media positions. Also along, albeit slightly better than Colaiacovo , develop a vocabulary and stop laughing at your own jokes.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Maybe he shouldn't have rushed to give Jean-Gabriel Pageau a 6 year $5 million AAV contract with a NTC in the first two years and a M-NTC in the final four years right after trading for him.
Yeah, it's a head scratcher for sure. He was probably their best LD defender, and he was coming off a breakout year

Reactions: Havoc

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
How does anyone in the Lou should have remained GM camp defend that? Pay Komarov, who's useless right now, 3M, have to trade a young top 4 LD who's breaking out for peanuts?

Reactions: Dekes For Days

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
How does anyone in the Lou should have remained GM camp defend that? Pay Komarov, who's useless right now, 3M, have to trade a young top 4 LD who's breaking out for peanuts?
young ? Toews is turning 27

anyway , i find this Lou obsession entertaining , i'm guessing you believe he should have traded multiple 1st to try to dump much worse contracts in Ladd/Boychuck who he inherited and then traded the guys he traded the picks to keep the following season , lol

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix

anyway , i find this Lou obsession entertaining , i'm guessing you believe he should have traded multiple 1st to try to dump much worse contracts in Ladd/Boychuck who he inherited and then traded the guys he traded the picks to keep the following season , lol

No, he shouldn't have signed Komarov in the first place. Babcock scratched him here in the playoffs when it was clear he was finished. There's so much dead money on the Isles' books.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
No, he shouldn't have signed Komarov in the first place. Babcock scratched him here in the playoffs when it was clear he was finished. There's so much dead money on the Isles' books.
and almost all the dead money was left by the previous GM , but keep on with your LL obsession

gotta ask though , do you and others believe bashing Lou endlessly makes the Dubes light shine brighter ?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

Wait a minute. Your giving Lou the benefit of the doubt for contracts that he inherited after taking over from Garth Snow, however Kyle Dubas doesn't get that same benefit of the doubt when he inherited the contracts of Patrick Marleau and Nikita Zaitsev that Lou gave them when he was working for the Leafs.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Wait a minute. Your giving Lou the benefit of the doubt for contracts that he inherited after taking over from Garth Snow, however Kyle Dubas doesn't get that same benefit of the doubt when he inherited the contracts of Patrick Marleau and Nikita Zaitsev that Lou gave them when he was working for the Leafs.
maybe you should read my post again and get back to be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad