Around The NHL #9 - The Meat Market is Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Kind of funny to think a couple months ago I'm not sure we had the ammo to get him. Now we easily have the pieces to do it and we would be able to keep the likes of Keller and Chychrun.

Hayton + Montreal/CO 1st + Two 2nds + one of Timmins/Koly has to be pretty fair.

Gets us Eichel while keeping two 1st, three 2nds and all the new prospects we got in 21 and through trades.

Still wouldn't do it but pretty cool that we probably couldn't land a deal to get Eichel without wrecking our existing shallow prospect pool and more valuable younger guys. Now if we moved pieces from the Kuemper and Dvo trades it almost would be like moving those two plus some change for Eichel. Good job BA

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Kind of funny to think a couple months ago I'm not sure we had the ammo to get him. Now we easily have the pieces to do it and we would be able to keep the likes of Keller and Chychrun.

Hayton + Montreal/CO 1st + Two 2nds + one of Timmins/Koly has to be pretty fair.

Gets us Eichel while keeping two 1st, three 2nds and all the new prospects we got in 21 and through trades.

Still wouldn't do it but pretty cool that we probably couldn't land a deal to get Eichel without wrecking our existing shallow prospect pool and more valuable younger guys. Now if we moved pieces from the Kuemper and Dvo trades it almost would be like moving those two plus some change for Eichel. Good job BA
Eichel is toxic to Buffalo right now. We could probably have him and keep Hayton. Montreal/CO first and two seconds should do the trick.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Screw the Sabres for passive-aggressively intimating that this is a lack of heart or dedication from Eichel. Maybe if they had let him get the proper health care he wanted and needed, this wouldn't have become such a big issue.
We don't know all the facts so it's hard to judge. There is a lot of liability on the Sabres if they agree to the treatment and something goes wrong. If I remember correctly, Eichel wants a procedure that has never been performed. To bad it had to come to this.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
We don't know all the facts so it's hard to judge. There is a lot of liability on the Sabres if they agree to the treatment and something goes wrong. If I remember correctly, Eichel wants a procedure that has never been performed. To bad it had to come to this.
It's been performed hundreds of thousands of times, Sabres issue is that it's never been performed on an active NHL player. I've had the surgery at two levels, Sabres are fools.

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It's been performed hundreds of thousands of times, Sabres issue is that it's never been performed on an active NHL player. I've had the surgery at two levels, Sabres are fools.
Still don't know all the facts. I would think the risk is much higher for an active hockey player getting hit for many years to come, than to an ex rancher sitting in his rocking chair.;) Now if this has been performed on other athletes I may change my point of view.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Still don't know all the facts. I would think the risk is much higher for an active hockey player getting hit for many years to come, than to an ex rancher sitting in his rocking chair.;) Now if this has been performed on other athletes I may change my point of view.
Lots of NFL players have had this surgery.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I still play Jakey and have had many collisions since the surgery, neck hasn't been this good in over 40 years! I also researched the hell out of the procedure, folks that have been in violent car accidents didn't have the discs move on them. You may be skeptical, but I'm sure as shit not. Besides, it's Jacks body, not Buffalo's.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I still play Jakey and have had many collisions since the surgery, neck hasn't been this good in over 40 years! I also researched the hell out of the procedure, folks that have been in violent car accidents didn't have the discs move on them. You may be skeptical, but I'm sure as shit not. Besides, it's Jacks body, not Buffalo's.
Not that simple on choice. Would Jack be willing to forgo the rest of his contract if surgery doesn't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad