Around The NHL #7 - Let's Make A Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Arguably the most skilled player we have on the roster.

Creative wise he is up there. Raw skills and shot I would probably go with Keller.
If you sit back and think about this it's really pathetic. Both second line players. Maybe it's RT holding them back, or maybe they are what they are. They both have to be around .80PPG to be worth their contract next year.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
If you sit back and think about this it's really pathetic. Both second line players. Maybe it's RT holding them back, or maybe they are what they are. They both have to be around .80PPG to be worth their contract next year.
Or maybe they're small and had no support..... they can't all be Garland's.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia

I always thought this was something that the Coyotes should do somewhere up near say Flagstaff. You can pick some isolated spot with or without fans and get a picturesque setting. A limited fans thing might be OK for the franchise in normal years anyway, and it may be the only way the league let's us into an outdoor game. Just find some mountain clearing among the pines if there isn't a body of water to use.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I always thought this was something that the Coyotes should do somewhere up near say Flagstaff. You can pick some isolated spot with or without fans and get a picturesque setting. A limited fans thing might be OK for the franchise in normal years anyway, and it may be the only way the league let's us into an outdoor game. Just find some mountain clearing among the pines if there isn't a body of water to use.

7,000 feet. Or nearly 2,000 feet higher than in Colorado. I want the oxygen concession then. :D

Reactions: Canis Latrans

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
(Speaking of, now that ASU hockey has some prestige, someone should crank it up for NAU. )

Last I heard they were looking to get a rink built on campus. Not much real estate left up there for them to work with though.

Back when they played big time NCAA they played out of the dome. But ripped it all out because of the upkeep costs.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
7,000 feet. Or nearly 2,000 feet higher than in Colorado. I want the oxygen concession then. :D
Maybe Sedona would work. Good ambience and I imagine that it would have similar issues to the previous California outdoor games, though running out in some makeshift wilderness rink is different from stadiums.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Come on Bill, one more trade for the top six for one of the guys asking to be moved. Just give me a youngish center to play in the top six and I'll be happy with the moves he's made to start the season.

Reactions: Jagged Ice

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I said a "youngish guy asking to be moved" like Roslovic. I'm not a f***ing moron. I know they aren't trading for McDavid. And I like short/petite women (current gf is 4'8", 80ish lbs). Give me a Kristen Bell or someone of that stature over Kate Upton every time.

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I still don't know why Kunin hasn't signed yet? Is it that he is just waiting for traing camp because of his diabetes?

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
What's Arizona's plan in goal this season?

With Crawford out indefinitely, NJ may be in the market for a backup. Would the Coyotes look to unload Raanta?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
What's Arizona's plan in goal this season?

With Crawford out indefinitely, NJ may be in the market for a backup. Would the Coyotes look to unload Raanta?
I think Kuemper, Raanta, and Hill is the best trio in the NHL. I think with the condensed schedule, teams will need three good goalies, and Arizona has an elite-level set. The team also has no hope of scoring any goals, and completely lacks high-end talent of any kind. They're going to depend solely on their goalies to win games. It's their only hope.

Personally, I'd have months ago traded every player we had over 25 years old and fired all of the coaches. I'd have done it before the last trade deadline before the COVID freeze, in-fact. But apparently our GM wants to see if we can compete. We can't do that without our strength in net. That likely goes for all three guys signed to one-way deals. So I expect we won't see any of our goalies traded any time soon.

Reactions: HBK27

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I think Kuemper, Raanta, and Hill is the best trio in the NHL. I think with the condensed schedule, teams will need three good goalies, and Arizona has an elite-level set. The team also has no hope of scoring any goals, and completely lacks high-end talent of any kind. They're going to depend solely on their goalies to win games. It's their only hope.

Personally, I'd have months ago traded every player we had over 25 years old and fired all of the coaches. I'd have done it before the last trade deadline before the COVID freeze, in-fact. But apparently our GM wants to see if we can compete. We can't do that without our strength in net. That likely goes for all three guys signed to one-way deals. So I expect we won't see any of our goalies traded any time soon.
I thought you were going to be less negative? Rinse and repeat. Why is it all these GM’s want to win, over taking the gut it all approach, I wonder.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
With this team, it was easier to rebuild one that will be hard to score on to win games than to rebuild one that outscores the opposition. Next off-season, the focus will be the blue liners on the right side. During this season, we still need to gain assets for impending UFAs.
Mr Obvious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad