Around The NHL #7 - Let's Make A Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
New Off-sides rule....

Would have been a great time to get that blueline width doubled or tripled to coincide with this change.

I'd like to see the ECHL adopt a "Offside Pass" rule, where skating offside is permissible with puck-possession but passing offside results in the play being blown dead and the ensuing faceoff coming outside of the zone. I'd like to see that experiment coincide with the new "anywhere over the plane" rule and my previously proposed double/triple width blueline change.

I don't think cheating by a few feet fundamentally changes the game in any way other than reducing stoppages and improving the overall product. This doesn't become a tactical change for teams to exploit, it simply allows for a bigger error margin.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Would have been a great time to get that blueline width doubled or tripled to coincide with this change.

I'd like to see the ECHL adopt a "Offside Pass" rule, where skating offside is permissible with puck-possession but passing offside results in the play being blown dead and the ensuing faceoff coming outside of the zone. I'd like to see that experiment coincide with the new "anywhere over the plane" rule and my previously proposed double/triple width blueline change.

I don't think cheating by a few feet fundamentally changes the game in any way other than reducing stoppages and improving the overall product. This doesn't become a tactical change for teams to exploit, it simply allows for a bigger error margin.
You can skate in ahead of the puck if you are already in possession of it yourself, as in going in backwards, but you definitely need clear possession to do so like that. I assume you actually meant for teammates to be able to enter ahead of the puck carrier, but cannot receive a pass until the carrier has crossed the line. I'd like that as it should push the defense back and allow for more entries with possession per game. You could maybe implement offside if the teammates went past the dots say if you want a limit on it.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I think he meant that from a past tense. This was the other move for the Cap. But of course there could be more coming.

LeBrun said he wanted more cap flexibility. $3.5 million isn’t much to work with. Sounded to me he’s got one more deal in him.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
So with Chara headed to Washington, any chance OEL to Boston is re-visited? Any chance OEL reconsiders and waives his NMC?

Reactions: BigJCaRoach
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA