Around The NHL #6 - All About The Teams Not Ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Ah I’m not sure if there is a limit on that. If so maybe they can flip him to another rich team who promises to buy out his deal.
But why would Hank agree to take less money? I just tried on Capfriendly and there is no option to buy him out?? But you can buy out other Rangers so it's clear as mud i guess??

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
There are limits on salary retention, not buyouts. There was a two or three limit on compliance buyouts, but that was a different animal.

Reactions: Mosby

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'm sure they'd rather he just ret ire and play for Frolunda with his brother. Not sure that'd he'd leave the money on the table to save his pride, though.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I dont think they can buy Hank out? If they sign DeAngelo I think they are pretty much done with big contracts unless Hank agrees to move.
CapFriendly says they can, and it looks inexpensive.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Sad. Henrik has always been one of my favorites. Gonna be weird to see him in a different uniform.

Also saturates the goalie market. We need to move Kuemper tonight.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Sad. Henrik has always been one of my favorites. Gonna be weird to see him in a different uniform.

Hank is well past his best before date, he will have little relevance to Keumper 's value.

Reactions: Jakey53

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Hank hasn't been starter level since 2016. I wouldn't be surprised if he just goes back to play in Sweden.

Still curious what NYR is going to do with all this cap space. They're still going to have all kinds left even after re-signing Strome, Lemieux, DeAngelo, and Georgiev.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003

I think Hank probably goes back and plays with his brother in Frolunda. Especially if he's getting a giant chunk of money anyway.

His stats were so-so, and he'd be a 35+ contract. Doubt many teams would be interested in giving him starter money or guaranteeing a starter role.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Hank hasn't been starter level since 2016. I wouldn't be surprised if he just goes back to play in Sweden.

Still curious what NYR is going to do with all this cap space. They're still going to have all kinds left even after re-signing Strome, Lemieux, DeAngelo, and Georgiev.
NY needs that money for Eichel when they trade the 1st plus plus for him in a couple days.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016

Capfriendly only shows them having 14 players signed with 20m(23M after the buyout) in cap space.

Those 4 may cost 10-15M. Then they're down to 10Mish to sign 5 players. Add a FA or 2 and they're right at the cap. If they go cheap with filling out their roster maybe they go after Pietrangelo or Hall.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I think Hank probably goes back and plays with his brother in Frolunda. Especially if he's getting a giant chunk of money anyway.

His stats were so-so, and he'd be a 35+ contract. Doubt many teams would be interested in giving him starter money or guaranteeing a starter role.
That's possible but I think he'll end up with a team that loses out on Lehner and Kuemper. Edmonton seems like a fit. Lundqvist could be sold on the idea that they could win the cup with him. Especially if they get OEL. I don't think he'd make that kind of impact but I bet he believes in himself.

The only thing left for him to do in the NHL is to win the cup. I think he would sign cheap if he thinks he has the opportunity to do that.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
That's possible but I think he'll end up with a team that loses out on Lehner and Kuemper. Edmonton seems like a fit. Lundqvist could be sold on the idea that they could win the cup with him. Especially if they get OEL. I don't think he'd make that kind of impact but I bet he believes in himself.

The only thing left for him to do in the NHL is to win the cup. I think he would sign cheap if he thinks he has the opportunity to do that.

He'd be a backup at best.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
He can go from King to backup for a chance at a Cup (dicey and unpredictable at best), or go back home to be King for a last chance to play for the team my twin brother captains and be hometown hero.
I know how I'd write my legacy. But maybe he really, really wants a 10% chance for a Cup.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
He'd be a backup at best.
Yah I don't see him as a starter. I think Edmonton could be interested in him backing up Koskinen, getting 30-40 starts. They need to add a goalie and I don't think they have the money for Lehner. I think Lundqvist fits what they're looking for if he's cheap. He could have a Brodeur-like renaissance come playoff time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad