Around The NHL #6 - All About The Teams Not Ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
What are the confirmed matchups so far?
Here's how the matchups are lining up, depending on the games later tonight/tomorrow these could change but the only real changes to occur are the seedings for the round robin teams.

West:
1. Vegas Golden Knights v 12. Chicago Blackhawks
2. Colorado Avalanche v 11. Arizona Coyotes
3. St. Louis/Dallas v 8. Calgary Flames
4. St. Louis/Dallas v 7. Vancouver Canucks

East:
1. Tampa Bay/Philadelphia v 12. Montreal Canadiens
2. Tampa Bay/Philadelphia v 8/9 Toronto Maple Leafs/Columbus Blue Jackets (Please win CBJ)
3. Washington/Boston v 7. New York Islanders
4. Boston/Washington v 6. Carolina Hurricanes

My predictions for the rest of the round:
St Louis beats Dallas; 3. St Louis, 4. Dallas
Tampa Bay beats Philadelphia; 1. Tampa Bay, 2. Philadelphia
Washington beats Boston; 1. Washington, 4. Boston
Columbus smokes Toronto, AM demands a trade home.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Didn't Hextall get fired because he was taking the slow, do right approach in their rebuild. How much credit does he deserve for this?
He did get fired for that.

The pieces on the team he drafted include Sanheim, Aube-Kubel, Provorov, Konecny, Lindholm (IR) Bunnaman, Hart, Patrick (IR), Frost, and Farabee.

Pretty good. He was also AGM in LA for some of the glory years. So he definitely had a hand in that success as well.

You can review the draft picks he helped make with LA between the 2007 and 2013 drafts here: List of Los Angeles Kings draft picks - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakey53

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
The other thing with Hextall is I don’t recall any major blunders. Part of that is likely because he is slow to act but it’s nice to see a resume without any red flags.

Only 14 trades in 4 years. Chayka could do that many in a weekend :sarcasm:

Complete trade history:

www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_GM/Ron_Hextall/277

Edit: His signings look good too. Only contract that is a little concerning is the JVR deal and even that isn’t too bad.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
CBJ are absolutely relentless. They got rid of record breaking Tampa in the first round last year and this is much of the same.

Total suffocating hockey so far.

A period to go.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Good news is Toronto gets embarrassed which gives them another reason to shake things up. Bad news is Toronto, Edmonton and Pittsburgh combine to have over a 33% chance to land the #1 pick which are also 3 of the least deserving teams in the league. My money is on the Oilers. They'll keep getting first overall until they actually contend for something.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
So uh....what do the Leafs do now?
I have to think something bigger than most expect. I suspect Johnsson and/or Kapanen and one of the big 4 are leaving. Freddie is a good goalie but a softie every second playoff game is unacceptable. If Dubas had real cahonas he would be shipping Tavares out and adding D and depth to the lineup. As I have said for years I would never draft a single player who was not a great skater who works hard. Just watched just that style of player stop 11 million guys all week.

Reactions: Mosby and Grimes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->