Around The NHL #6 - All About The Teams Not Ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Wow. Didn't think they would do it.

Other names I have heard re: buyouts are Cory Schneider and Alexander Wennberg.
While it does make financial sense to buyout Ryan I thought for a second maybe a team might consider the personal side?? I guess it is just business

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think Goligoski makes some sense for them, too. They have some interesting pieces. Wood, Butcher and Bahl come to mind.

Goligoski and Ruff connection too from Dallas. Goligoski is the perfect defenceman for his system.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Goligoski and Ruff connection too from Dallas. Goligoski is the perfect defenceman for his system.
It was the last GM that traded for Bahl, which is something else to MAYBE consider. It seems like many of their fans are eager to give Wood and Butcher changes of scenery.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
It was the last GM that traded for Bahl, which is something else to MAYBE consider. It seems like many of their fans are eager to give Wood and Butcher changes of scenery.
Goligoski and Raanta for Wood and a pick

I'd even throw them Schmaltz for Zacha and a first or something.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
^meh, my first thought was: make up call for that dive call on Point after his cup check.

Better team's winning so far.
Yeah, I’m an outlier in this but rooting for Dallas, as they were my team during 90’s due to my proximity to them and also wish Bowness and Pavelski well, but better team is ahead.
Make up call was just Perry Perry’d and it nearly worked out.....

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hope Tampa wins big tonight. Would love to see Dallas get shit-kicked, after they shit-kicked the Avs, who shit-kicked the Yotes. Really need this narrative that the Coyotes simply ran into an unstoppable force to be killed with fire.

Reactions: Premium

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I don't think it matters because I don't think anyone outside of a few fans think that's the scenario. Not even Tocchet believes we just ran into a great team. Tocc is just blowing smoke trying to survive the chopping block.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
NYR has a ton of cap space even after they re-sign Tony D and their other pieces. Who are they targeting in UFA? The Rangers really can’t control themselves when it comes to free agency.

They need a 2C. Some of their fans have floated the idea of a Stepan reunion.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
NYR has a ton of cap space even after they re-sign Tony D and their other pieces. Who are they targeting in UFA? The Rangers really can’t control themselves when it comes to free agency.

They need a 2C. Some of their fans have floated the idea of a Stepan reunion.
They have about $20 million in space but only 14 players signed. That won't leave much for free agents.

Reactions: Jakey53

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
True but a few are depth guys or ELCs like Lafreniere. Also potentially more cap space with a Hank buyout.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
True but a few are depth guys or ELCs like Lafreniere. Also potentially more cap space with a Hank buyout.
I dont think they can buy Hank out? If they sign DeAngelo I think they are pretty much done with big contracts unless Hank agrees to move.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Ah I’m not sure if there is a limit on that. If so maybe they can flip him to another rich team who promises to buy out his deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad