Around The NHL #6 - All About The Teams Not Ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Now seems like the perfect storm for the rich teams to do offer sheets.

Montreal tried it last year and has the wherewithal to do it again this year. Doubt their budget is affected much and they have a shitload of extra picks. Take last year's Aho offer, jack up the bonuses even more, and send it to either Cirelli or Barzal.

Reactions: Surfshop

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I know the players don't like it but I like lots of game per week. The more the better. They make a lot of money. Suck it up.

Ah.. so because they make a lot of money they should double the risk getting hurt. Or aggravate an injury further because, silly us, they well... we aren’t living in their world, but we damn well know what’s best.

Oh.... And if they suck on the ice because same said fatigue, we can bitch about it even more.

Got it.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Ah.. so because they make a lot of money they should double the risk getting hurt. Or aggravate an injury further because, silly us, they well... we aren’t living in their world, but we damn well know what’s best.

Oh.... And if they suck on the ice because same said fatigue, we can bitch about it even more.

Got it.

I don't believe alternating 4 and 5 games per week is too much for a professional athlete. If they do that and start in December, the season is over 2nd week of April. That also gets them all 100% paid. It's not like they'll be playing double headers. Practice time is the only thing that will take a major hit. Everybody in the world is making sacrifices because of this shit. Asking professional athletes to play a heavier schedule for a few months is way less then most have to deal with. I think they are being compensated more than fairly to do that.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I assume pre-season would be abandoned. And there's no need to finish in June, it could run through the summer. Work their way back to an October start over the course of a few years.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
They will likely play baseball style series since many arenas have open dates and they want to minimize travel, both in time spent and fatigue.

The bubble has probably been illuminating in this regard.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Ottawa buying out Ryan. They are set up to make a major splash except for the Owner. Could go from bottom to contender in one off season if they choose to.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Ottawa buying out Ryan. They are set up to make a major splash except for the Owner. Could go from bottom to contender in one off season if they choose to.

Wow. Didn't think they would do it.

Other names I have heard re: buyouts are Cory Schneider and Alexander Wennberg.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Wennberg's buyout is cheap, cheap for CLB. Talked about this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->