Around The NHL #6 - All About The Teams Not Ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Craig has mentioned is a few times. I would have to dig it up. Tie Domi may have been Max’s mouth piece when he openly shared his disgust with how our team being in the position it’s in financially is out there acquiring players that will never play for the team (cap dumps) to gain an asset. Said Max didn’t understand it and was happy to move to a real hockey market.
I’ve been asking Craig in damn near every mailbag for years. And every time he mentions Domi. He’s only ever winked at the situation and mentioned in vague and cryptic terms. It’s actually very frustrating. Same with everyone here. Everyone has something to say about what happened but nobody seems to be able to back any of it up.

Reactions: _Del_

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I’ve been asking Craig in damn near every mailbag for years. And every time he mentions Domi. He’s only ever winked at the situation and mentioned in vague and cryptic terms. It’s actually very frustrating. Same with everyone here. Everyone has something to say about what happened but nobody seems to be able to back any of it up.

I guess you’re right that I shouldn’t be saying it without knowing it’s true, but Tie’s comments, Max’s connections to big hockey markets/people, and the most recent rumors about him not wanting to stay in Montreal kind of do it for me.

The truth is, you’ll probably never get the truth. As a young player who isn’t necessarily considered a superstar, if you come out and straight up say you don’t want to play in non-traditional hockey markets it doesn’t do you any good. It’s an agent’s nightmare. Other general managers may begin to dislike you as a potential asset and other players around the league who are happy to play anywhere to stay in the league may not take it too kindly. It’s smart of Max to never address it if that’s truly how he feels.

My thoughts: I never thought he would be a life long Coyote (as much as I wanted that.) I don’t think he’ll want to retire a Blue Jacket, and I feel once he becomes a free agent we’ll see him limit his options to teams like the Penguins, Maple Leafs, Jets, and the Rangers. He has connections to all of them and I think he’ll end up making his decision based off of that.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

rt

May 13, 2004
I guess you’re right that I shouldn’t be saying it without knowing it’s true, but Tie’s comments, Max’s connections to big hockey markets/people, and the most recent rumors about him not wanting to stay in Montreal kind of do it for me.

The truth is, you’ll probably never get the truth. As a young player who isn’t necessarily considered a superstar, if you come out and straight up say you don’t want to play in non-traditional hockey markets it doesn’t do you any good. It’s an agent’s nightmare. Other general managers may begin to dislike you as a potential asset and other players around the league who are happy to play anywhere to stay in the league may not take it too kindly. It’s smart of Max to never address it if that’s truly how he feels.

My thoughts: I never thought he would be a life long Coyote (as much as I wanted that.) I don’t think he’ll want to retire a Blue Jacket, and I feel once he becomes a free agent we’ll see him limit his options to teams like the Penguins, Maple Leafs, Jets, and the Rangers. He has connections to all of them and I think he’ll end up making his decision based off of that.
I’m not criticizing you. It’s a common enough narrative. I’m just maddened by not being able to discover its roots.

Reactions: RABBIT

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
"Domi’s father, Tie, infamously criticized the Coyotes organization on the air and is widely believed to have been a driving force (through agent at the time Pat Brisson) behind his trade to Montreal for Alex Galchenyuk, also a Brisson client."

From here.

That's the most recent time I've seen him comment on Domi's exit from here. I don't think "widely believed" is referring to the fans' beliefs on the cause; I think it's more likely there were sources behind it. It doesn't necessarily speak to the strength of that belief among the driving forces nor the order of the forces, but it jives with what many seem to remember.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Well, thanks largely to Tie, now Max will get stuck with that most heinous of labels - "journeyman."

I wish the kid well in Columbus, but trends in hockey have a way of persisting.

rt

May 13, 2004
"Domi’s father, Tie, infamously criticized the Coyotes organization on the air and is widely believed to have been a driving force (through agent at the time Pat Brisson) behind his trade to Montreal for Alex Galchenyuk, also a Brisson client."

From here.

That's the most recent time I've seen him comment on Domi's exit from here. I don't think "widely believed" is referring to the fans' beliefs on the cause; I think it's more likely there were sources behind it. It doesn't necessarily speak to the strength of that belief among the driving forces nor the order of the forces, but it jives with what many seem to remember.
Thank you!!!! It’s flimsy but it’s something and I’ll take it!!!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Domi's play and actions will determine his options. GM's don't give a fiddler's you know what who his dad is, it's his play that matters.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Domi wears out his welcome. He has average talent, but nothing in the tool box. Maybe Tort's can do wonders with him. This trade proves Domi the player is not highly regarded around league. And to think, some on this board wanted Domi as our captain.
Lots of average talents putting up 50+ points in the league... lol And that's discounting the 70+ point season at center as a fluke, which none of us can be certain of.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Lots of average talents putting up 50+ points in the league... lol And that's discounting the 70+ point season at center as a fluke, which none of us can be certain of.
One 60 point season here gets you 8 times $7.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Maybe he will confirm after the Jackets put out a press release for the extension

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
No QOs for Troy Stecher or Madison Bowey.
I'd take a flyer on Bowey. I figured he was on his way out on way or another. He's not the ideal third pair if they are breaking in Seider and have Hronek. Figured they'd want a reliable steady D vet to take that spot.

Then they picked up Staal, so he was done. Surprised they couldn't find a taker for someone's RFA that was over priced or a similarly overpaid 4th liner or D.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Considering Detroit has no defense, that's brutal for Bowey.
He's a one-dimensional guy. Their lineup doesn't have space for that. I proposed Vinnie, I think awhile ago. You take a chance on him rounding out his game for a guy that has value, but isn't a fit here and going to be overpaid. Detroit trades their overpaid gamble for our slightly overpaid utility guy.

But as a free agent, I'm fine with adding some depth, especially since it seems that by the deadline Goose and Demers will be gonzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad