Around the NHL 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Pelech in at <$5.75M per year for 8 years.

Top pairing D-man, thought much less production than Pionk. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

Reactions: ps241

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Pelech in at <$5.75M per year for 8 years.

Top pairing D-man, thought much less production than Pionk. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come.
i think pelech is better than pionk, but pionk puts up more points. and points generally lead to more $$$

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
i think pelech is better than pionk, but pionk puts up more points. and points generally lead to more $$$
On the other hand, Barrie also took a surprisingly cheap deal.:dunno:

The D-men who have gotten the crazy contracts have all been of the supposed "all situations, big, high scoring" type. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get Pionk for a bit cheaper. $5M is unrealistic, but I would really like it, so I think he should go for it.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
On the other hand, Barrie also took a surprisingly cheap deal.:dunno:

The D-men who have gotten the crazy contracts have all been of the supposed "all situations, big, high scoring" type. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get Pionk for a bit cheaper. $5M is unrealistic, but I would really like it, so I think he should go for it.
this is pionk's first big time deal that'll eat up significant UFA years. i think he will be in the 6M range and would not be shocked if he comes in more than morrissey.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
this is pionk's first big time deal that'll eat up significant UFA years. i think he will be in the 6M range and would not be shocked if he comes in more than morrissey.
He almost certainly deserves it based on the past two seasons.

I can't really think of an argument against it, other than that I would really like it if he took less money. Except maybe his playoff numbers?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

I can't really think of an argument against it, other than that I would really like it if he took less money. Except maybe his playoff numbers?
it all depends on term ultimately.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Hope you don't mind a Canuck fan dropping by. Loved the video of your 3rd round pick Dmitry Kuzmin and his grandma. Amid all the crap about money, term, contracts, this is wonderful to watch. I hope he makes it as a pro hockey player.

I think this is true for a lot of hockey players. Yeah you're making lots of money, or at least have the chance to, but most of these guys love playing. It's hard for me to put myself in that position since I've never had a chance to make that much but I would think on my draft day I would absolutely not be thinking about the money.

WpgSteve

Nov 5, 2018

Morrissey hasn't lived up to his contract so it's not a good comparable. Pionk was better than Erik Karlsson last season. Should his agent ask for $12M?

I could live with $6.25 x 6. Seems fair to both sides. $5.75 x 4 might work better for both sides if he's up for it.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Nurse coming in at 9.25 million for 8 years made me burst out laughing this morning. Hilariously incompetent management over in Edmonton.

Please don’t have this lead to a Pionk overpay ..
More points in fewer games (over past 2 years) without the benefit of playing with McDavid all the time...can the Jets even afford Pionk long-term? And what would an arbitrator award him?
upload_2021-8-6_13-19-31.png

None

Feb 22, 2012

Officially official, I wonder how close it'll be to the rumoured AAV.

Edit:

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Holland has just destroyed Edmonton’s cap... RNH must feel like an idiot for taking his deal

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad